The new BAR

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by lklawson, Sep 17, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No, not this:
    [​IMG]

THIS!:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

By these guys:
    http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/hcar

(American Rifleman article)

How 'bout another pic?
    [​IMG]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD31v5Rziag"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD31v5Rziag[/ame]

Now if I could just get a FA option... :(

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

2. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

You can, all you have to do is get your 07/02 and you can get one. :D

3. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Great weapon . I qualified on the BAR when I was in the Army. #1 draw back was mag capacity.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

It ain't as purdy as an original, but if someone was to offer me one I would not turn it down.

5. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Your so old :p

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I think they did that to try to keep trigger jockies from burning up so many barrels..... we only got 20 rounders in SEA as well. Made you actually pay attention to your rounds instead of just burning through a mag. :)

And I like the original M1918 better then the new one. :p

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Seems to me 20's were SOP when I was in the Service. I was fortunate to fire and become familiar with a lot of the WWII and Korean War firearms. Besides, that was all we had in the late 50's early 60's.
    Garand, Carbine, 1918, M1911, M1919, M40, M20, M3A1. Never got to fire a mortar.

8. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Somebody is going to bring it up, so I might as well be the first. Why pay out that kind of money when there are so many variations of the AR-10? Is it really that much better with the 30-06 round?

9. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I just looked at the site, and that is one pricey beast! By the way, they should make an 18" barrel for it, too. 16" is Just too short for a .30-06.

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

• BAR's are cool.
    • Yes, the 30-06 is ballistically awesome.

:)

There are a few AR's in 30-06 out there but I don't know anything about them. They're probably just as expensive.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

Its so ugly. And maybe its just me, but im so sick of seeing cheap arsed milspec AR style adjustable stocks on everything.

12. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    Love the idea of a light weight saw. I still get back pains from lugging mine around in the desert.

13. Think1st

Florida
    Adjustable AR-style stocks have a place on some weapons, but anymore they are more of an affectation than they are a practical accessory.

14. talon

talon the banned wagon

I think its more they are just dirt fricken cheap is the biggest reason they are being over used.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It was nice to be able to adjust the LOP on my AR. It's the only rifle I have which can do that. Every other long arm, I just have to grin and bear it if the LOP isn't where I'd want.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Because everyone's arms and shoulders are exactly the same length?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

I still believe that the best looking rifle is the M-1 Carbine.

Light, versatile, has a hard hitting (pistol) cartridge, and wood furniture that is very appealing to My eye.

Just wish they could be produced with a mid-range cartridge like a .243.

eldar

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  18. talon

talon the banned wagon

I agree, adjustable is nice. But slapping a $9 craptacular milspec one on a $3000 rifle is just cheezy. Theres plenty of real nice looking adjustable stocks. Cutting corners and slapping garbage on it, ruins it.

Its like slapping 4 basic steel wheels on a Ferrari.

19. Think1st

Florida
    No. It's because they sell weapons with pinned and non-adjustable ones for states where collapsible stocks are considered evil accessories, sometimes, meaning that they are periodically added for a tacticool look, rather than for their practical benefits.

20. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

This one looks fully adjustable to me.

Given the price tag, I'd be shocked if it weren't.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk