Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't enjoy the new site anyore on my tablet as the pages won't scroll and flicker wildly. Anyone else have that problem or have a solution?

I hate having to use my small smart phone screen.

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
Moved to Announcements and Help because....

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
What operating system and web browser is on your tablet computer that you are using on Hi Point Firearm Forum?

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an android tablet. No other Web pages have this problem. Android 8.1.0

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
I have 2 personal Apple devices. An IPhone 12 Mini and a IPad Pro 12.9. No issues with them.

My work phone is an Android. Samsung Note 8. It works fine as well.

·
I Stand With Talon
6,513 Posts
what browser are you using? If you can, try using firefox on the tablet. It may be the ads that are doing it and firefox works fine on both my android phone and my android tablet. Everything displays fine, but I use PiHole for my DNS server that removes some ad sites so that may be your issue,

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
As premium members you guys shouldn't see any ads, other then sponsor ads. Unless they buggered that up to.

I run chrome on my phone and Samsung galaxy tab with no issues. I found the factory web browser tends to drag and device performance suffers.

·
Premium Member
35,820 Posts
I use Chrome with adblocker, iPhone or iPad, so the site acts right in reading, but the editing is ridiculously bad. I’m CONSTANTLY erasing things I typed if I try to edit a word or a line previously typed, I have to know some secret handshake to edit something in one paragraph, then jump to a new paragraph; and pictures are often defaulted to the top of the page rather than where my cursor was.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Makes me glad I use either a desktop or a laptop with Windows 7 or Linux Mint 20 on this website. I also use either the Firefox or Opera web browsers. I have no issues.

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what browser are you using? If you can, try using firefox on the tablet. It may be the ads that are doing it and firefox works fine on both my android phone and my android tablet. Everything displays fine, but I use PiHole for my DNS server that removes some ad sites so that may be your issue,
That worked. I downloaded Firefox and all is well. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
I use Chrome with adblocker, iPhone or iPad, so the site acts right in reading, but the editing is ridiculously bad. I’m CONSTANTLY erasing things I typed if I try to edit a word or a line previously typed, I have to know some secret handshake to edit something in one paragraph, then jump to a new paragraph; and pictures are often defaulted to the top of the page rather than where my cursor was.
How are you inserting the pictures? The paperclip, the link, or the image icons? I have never done a direct upload from my camera through the forum so I can't speak to that.

Reactions: HFAdmin

·
Premium Member
35,820 Posts
How are you inserting the pictures? The paperclip, the link, or the image icons? I have never done a direct upload from my camera through the forum so I can't speak to that.
Usually through the image icon, using a URL.

I think it’s tied to the fact that when I type....if I were to go back up to put a picture over this line, but under that previous one, it will often act silly, especially if I submit a post then try to edit it.

So here is an example....I typed these words, then clicked at the end of the word “URL” in the first line to put in a picture....and this line got deleted. So here is an example....I typed those words, then clicked at the end of the word “URL” in the first line....and this line got deleted.

So that IS an example....I RE-typed and copied the entire line above, then I clicked off of it, but it clicked back to the word “deleted”...and it pasted the same thing again, as you can see above...but the picture worked this time, once I got to that point..

BTW...not just this site. Survivalist board does the same things.

·
Administrator
24,572 Posts
That's definitely odd.

They're using the same Fora software that we do, so that makes sense that it also happens there.

·
Premium Member
35,820 Posts
I’m not sure about anything, but I suspect it’s Chrome interacting with the site software. I haven’t tried Safari or any other browsers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts