Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

THE NEXT NC/SC SHOOT PLANS

9K views 54 replies 15 participants last post by  Taurus357 
#1 ·
never to early to start planning, I am in the process of building a private range near our house in Lancaster, SC. I have a caterer lined up to do a smoked pig and other items for us and would like to start this thing off by planning it for either the first or second weekend in November, we have typically mild weather during that time of year and it should be quite pleasant and easier for everybody in these 2 states to gather at since we are centrally located and will have a private place to gather at. I know on our last time there were a few of our members who just didn't have enough time to plan for the event and i'm trying to get this thing lined up with enough advanced notice so as to accomodate everybody. Plus the wife should be good and healed up by then. this can be either a 1 day or 2 day event for members and their guests only. We are going to be providing all the food and beverages for this event and if anybody has any special requests i'm sure we'll do our best to honor them. all we ask in return is for you to show up and to have as much if not more fun than last time. This will be an outdoor gathering that will have rifle and pistol lanes from 25ft. to 150yds. there will also be steel targets for rimfire calibers and of course a long range 12inch gong. any thoughts or questions, lets get them going

#2 ·
is that Homeplace B&B any good? Looks like a nice place to stay, the other one is way expensive.
I'm in for November!

#8 ·
Sounds awsome! Is there a camp ground anywhere near by? Maybe national forrest or anything where we can pitch a tent? I would love to bring the wife for this occasion and i there's anywhere to pitch a tent, we could possibly show up a day before, help set up, and then tear down/clean up, stay the night, then leave depending on what days. Would love a chance to spend a little more time sitting and BSing, maybe over a fire and some beer. I have so much camping stuff that I would love to break out and use. Let me know i this is an option.

#9 ·
Sounds awsome! Is there a camp ground anywhere near by? Maybe national forrest or anything where we can pitch a tent? I would love to bring the wife for this occasion and i there's anywhere to pitch a tent, we could possibly show up a day before, help set up, and then tear down/clean up, stay the night, then leave depending on what days. Would love a chance to spend a little more time sitting and BSing, maybe over a fire and some beer. I have so much camping stuff that I would love to break out and use. Let me know i this is an option.
actually there will be camping available onsite, this is my soon to be finished range and ther isplenty of room and woods surrounding it with all kinds of critters to take aim at if you so desire. please feel free to bring the wife and we'll make this a true HP family affair.

#10 ·
Wow, onsite camping with built in range and critters. I'm speechless. All I have to do is line up a dog/cat/reptile/ misc critter sitter and I'll be set! When are we going to start ironing out dates? Krippp, this is your shindig, just let me know what you want from me as far as posting polls and such and i there's anything I can bring or help with. I do have a good sized cooler too that I can bring to keep beverages in. I think since your doing the pig, we might want to make it a pot luck kinda deal. Everyone one brings on thing to drink and one dish of some sort. Just an idea to ease the load on you if this becomes a full blown member + spouse affair.

#11 ·
Ok, good call on the warning as I now need a larger list of stuff to bring. Camping would be cool, although I doubt my missus is going to be interested, she likes indoors, AC and quiet not guns and nature :)

I too would be able to come down the night before and make camp, help set-up and then stay on to clean up. If I'm not driving by then I'll probably be shot or divorced, so I can bring the Ranger which has a good amount of transport space and a cover to keep the critters off.

Krippp & Mrs, this sounds like a blast..... An overnight would be cool, shooting is always fun but sitting around with some beverages and a campfire is also very cool. Count me in.

G
#12 ·
ME TOO, ME TOO
I'VE GOT A MOTORCYCLE PULLED POP-UP CAMPER THAT AIN'T BEEN USED SINCE BIKE WEEK THAT IS JUST ITCHING TO GET POPPED UP :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DOC
LOOKS LIKE THIS WITH 23 CUBIC FEET OF GUN SPACE
I MEAN STORAGE SPACE, YEAH, THAT IS WHAT I MEAN, STORAGE SPACE

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

#16 ·
i have to ask, some of the guys at work after hearing about the fun we had at our first get together have ended up buying hi-points, at my urging of course, and i would like to know if it would be alright if 3-4 of them joined us. they are really great fellas and all love firearms and a couple have actually nice collections. so if it's alright with you guys i'd like to share more of the HP spirit with them, if not that's fine also.

#17 ·
i have to ask, some of the guys at work after hearing about the fun we had at our first get together have ended up buying hi-points, at my urging of course, and i would like to know if it would be alright if 3-4 of them joined us. they are really great fellas and all love firearms and a couple have actually nice collections. so if it's alright with you guys i'd like to share more of the HP spirit with them, if not that's fine also.
So you're asking us if it's ok for your friends to come to your house? Fine With Me. Hell, the more the merrier!

#18 ·
As long as they join the forum, it's ok with me. ;)

#19 ·
As long as I don't hear any banjo playing.... :shock:
J/K, like Taurus said, the more the merrier :twisted:
Might be able to get the missus to come along too, but she don't shoot.

#21 ·
You guys really suck, ya know that?

#22 ·
Road trip to SC anyone 8)? Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast. I guess I am going to have to organize a shoot for the Hi-Point fans in my area.

#23 ·
Might be able to get the missus to come along too, but she don't shoot.
Then she'd have someone to talk to, cause my wife MIGHT shoot a few rounds outta this and outta that, but actually enjoys just sitting there and watching more then shooting. Might have my wheelgun fixed in time and she used to love shooting it.
I'll have to go and get a couple pairs of those high-speed, low-drag ear muffs like you have and they can sit there together!

#26 ·
Road trip to SC anyone 8)? Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast. I guess I am going to have to organize a shoot for the Hi-Point fans in my area.
let me know when you do and i might have to crash your party, my best friend lives in lakeland, fl and we used to live in tampa, we're always looking for an excuse to go back to the sunshine state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.