The Official Hipoint "wish list"

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Will All Freedoms Stand, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

Or a larger safety and an extended magazine release.

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yup. Gave up 20 years ago.

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)

3. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

I had thought so, but was starting to question my memory.

4. Xcelerationrules

Xcelerationrules GO BIG OR GO HOME! Member

Who wants to see hi point increase their product line?
    10 mm is selling like crazy..hard to find..like most guns in the current state of affairs.
    Not many other manufacturers offer a 10 mm carbine.
    Would love to see a 41 magnum.

5. They'll have to increase the size of their facility if they want to broaden their product line. It's pretty amazing what comes out of that little factory.
    upload_2020-7-6_17-2-59.png

undeRGRound likes this.
  6. It should fire 556 as well as 223 to make ammo more available.

7. Back when I first got my 995ts I heard Hi-Point might be coming out with a double stack version. That was quite a long time ago. Has anyone heard anything regarding this?

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You should take the time to check out the forum. Plenty of threads regarding the "new" HP endorsed 2-in-to-1 Redball extended magazines.

HP themselves have repeatedly dismissed the idea of altering their design for a true double stack mag.

9. I'm rather new to the neighborhood ya see. Just thought I'd dip my toes in the water and see if I could get a quick answer to an old question. Thanks for the info, disappointing as it is. The Redball just looks to be a bit ackward. What's the thinking on a 15 rounder?

10. Rachgier

I know you're new to the asylum. I'm the Ring Master for this little circus.

The Redball gets called the "donkey dick" by some around here.

If you're referring to the Promags, it's a very controversial topic. There's the folks who bring up the whole long standing void the warranty thing from HP, and the folks who have proven that the new generation of followers don't cause the issues that prompted the void in the first place. Then there's the fact that we don't know of anybody who has actually been denied warranty service specifically for using the promags in the 995.

So the TL DR is... it's a matter of personal choice.

12. Yeah, that's the ones I was thinking of. They didn't have RB's until shortly after I bought my 995ts. To be honest my 1st thought was, you can't be serious. Those dd's will be dangerous in any kind of a serious confrontation. They defeat the maneuverability and stealth of a carbine for home defense. Its not just a matter of putting rounds in a paper target. And there I go getting serious about possible life and death situations. Better stop watching the nightly news and take off my tinfoil hat, eh. Thanks again for the scuttlebutt. Semper Fi

13. Rachgier

Oorah. Don't unfoil yet. Got plenty of those what-if threads and chemtrails believers around here. Ya might even make a new friend or two.

14. I can always use a bud watching my six. I got yours Mac. Later

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    JHP or JXP (10mm) LongSlide would be sweet, but even sweeter a steel slide ;)

16. Xcelerationrules

Xcelerationrules GO BIG OR GO HOME! Member

I'm guessing the 4095 wasn't selling well..so the decided to produce the 1095.
    Now their selling well..dont see why they won't expand the line.

17. Rachgier

They produce in cycles. Change over the tooling a couple of times a year. Carbine wise the 40 and 10 get produced at the same time, as do the .380 and 9mm during their cycle. Midsouth Ohio does all the graphics and whatnot for the stocks and shrouds.

Rerun likes this.
  18. Recluse

Recluse Member

Thread resurrection... just came here to post that. Been looking for an inexpensive .22Lr pistol. A number of possibilities except they are either out of stock EVERYWHERE or no longer inexpensive. Hi-Point 22 Semi Auto that eats any ammo even at a similar price point to the C9...

19. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Never gonna happen.
    The .22 market is over saturated as is.
    A used Phoenix Arms will be your best bet.
    HiPoint....nevah

ynot likes this.
  20. Recluse

Recluse Member

:( Been coveting a Taurus TX22, but also thinking of a GSG Firefly. When the GSG Firefly was in stock everywhere and CHEAP I was scared off by the reports of its Ammo sensitivity.