The Official Hipoint "wish list"

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Will All Freedoms Stand, Dec 11, 2007.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I don’t know how consistent the manufacture of Zamak is but for batch manufacturing variations they may have gone a blanket +40%.
    Some receivers may be bullet proof and some may be prone to failure after a short life with standard rounds.
    Don’t know.
    It’s not Sig or HK we’re talking here.

2. Not thinking of using the Makarov specs per se, just the concept. I would like to get eyeballs on one that I can tear down. I'm sure Google, and free time, will assist.

edit: https://grabcad.com/tutorials/designing-a-firearms-magazine
    I work on Revit and CAD for a living.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    undeRGRound likes this.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Cool, I did read that here then. The pic I saw was under a MAK search,
    and I don't think it was labeled RedBall, but it could have came up under
    a search for a Mak-Type follower.
    The MAK Follower has dual followers and dual springs, @Politically Unreliable
    The secondary spring is on a narrow follower and both nest atop the double
    stack follower. Kinda complex...

4. Or ask @lklawson since he has -or had- one and posted pics of it, um, right here on HPFF.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

6. DIRSUPop

DIRSUPop Member

EXACTLY!! A very inexpensive modification results in a wide variety of mags and drums.

I have two aftermarket 15 rd stick mags and a 28 rd drum...a poor man's Thompson - the same firepower at a fraction of the cost.....

undeRGRound likes this.
  7. John Blanton

John Blanton Member

At the risk of being called out for resurrecting a dead thread, the one thing on my wishlist is a 50-100rd drum mag for my 4095. 10 rounds calls for a lot of mag swapping and reloading.

undeRGRound and Merle like this.
  8. I'd be happy with a double stack mag version of the 995TS.

9. Beat Kel-Tec to the punch and chamber the HP carbine in .30 Carbine (3095ts).
    Overall cartridge length: 1.680 in (42.7 mm)
    Maximum Pressure .30carbine: 38,500 psi (265 MPa)
    Maximum Pressure 10mm auto: 37,500 psi (259 MPa) *for reference
    What other rifle options are there on the market beyond the M1 carbine reproductions for about $1,000? I don't really know what changes would have to be made to the action/recoil system, beyond lengthening. Which just means that I'm admitting that I don't know. The grip of the 995ts seems to already be big enough.
    I'm pretty sure this would sell. It wouldn't be some kind of greatest-new-tacticool-thing or world beater. However, it would be a really cool new ("2nd cool" - Nutnfancy) thing with some semblance of functional short range rifle cred.
    What do you think, $450-$500 MSRP?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Rabidwookie and Merle like this.
  10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

This thread never dies. You'll catch praise for using it instead of starting yet a 50th "I wish hi point would" thread like the rest of the recent newbies have.

Same noobs have gone back 10+ years to resurrect truly dead threads.

ajole, Rabidwookie and Merle like this.
  11. I just thought this was the sort of easily managed "Duuuude, you know what'd be cool?" dumping ground for just the reason you stated. Basically, I thought it was being done this way on purpose.

ajole and Rabidwookie like this.
  12. Rachgier

You mean like back on page 2 from 2008 where someone suggested changing the frame to accept double stack mags?

This thread is the amalgamation of dozens of "I wish they would" threads.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  13. SWAGA

No offense that would look complete ridiculous hanging off a HiPoint

upload_2020-10-11_21-29-45.jpeg

14. Rachgier

Pretty sure the mole did it with a .45...

undeRGRound likes this.
  15. John Blanton

John Blanton Member

I don't care what it would look like, I just would like to be able to fire more than 10 rounds without reloading. It of course would actually have to work and not jam every other round or so. lol

16. SWAGA

I don’t think you can even shoot the thing with a 15 inch drum hanging off the pistolgrip
    upload_2020-10-12_1-57-53.jpeg

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    Just a 28 rounder, Big Bro...

I also did a little measuring work to see if the 9mm Glock Drums could be trimmed up and fit the HP action and pistol grips... Survey Says??
    ...definite "MAYBE!"

the double stack width is simply a single stack column with very VERY thick walls.
    Now if someone makes the 40 S&W Glock Drums...
    :eek:

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    CowboyBob likes this.