Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many still listen to records? Man I love my turntable! I think the sound beats Cd's hands down. I like to turn it on will I just lay and relax to some good classic rock (Pink Floyd AC\DC Van Halen Bad Co Bob Seger).

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I've got way to much vinyl to give up my turntable. I have a bunch of European releases of albums, most are a bit different than the US release. Dark Side of the Moon sounds best on vinyl.

Ron M.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We still have a Technics turntable we bought in the 80's. We also have on of those old Crosley suitcase record players. We still use them because all that is on vinyl is not on cd.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
i have a few dozen records. my favorites are my michael jackson albums, and this bob marley album i picked up in a thrift store. most of my vinyl was bought at thrift stores. i agree, i love the sound. i don't think its better than digital, i just think its different. it feels warm and i feel more connected to the tunes on the turntable.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Love my records, have over a hundred of them still. I agree it's a different sound, but you can't beat the portability of digital. I'm just not sure i'll ever be able to give up the old records.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Does it count if I bought a USB capable turntable to transfer my vinyl collection to digital files so I can put them on my walkman? Of course I do have the benefit of the turntable hooked up to the home stereo now too. Best of both worlds :D

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Does it count if I bought a USB capable turntable to transfer my vinyl collection to digital files so I can put them on my walkman? Of course I do have the benefit of the turntable hooked up to the home stereo now too. Best of both worlds :D
i have been wanting to do that too, a few of my records would be hard to find as CD's.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I got an AudioTechnica from Amazon.com bomber I think it was around $80 has usb port regular phono hookup and a built in preamp so you can just hook powered speakers up to it. Came with audacity and cakewalk so converting the albums to mp3 is super simple. Get one its a good idea I love having my old stuff available on my walkman without having to buy it in yet another format.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got way to much vinyl to give up my turntable. I have a bunch of European releases of albums, most are a bit different than the US release. Dark Side of the Moon sounds best on vinyl.

Ron M.
+10000000000000000000
Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall sound , Nice Pair are my 3 fav Pink Floyd

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I got an AudioTechnica from Amazon.com bomber I think it was around $80 has usb port regular phono hookup and a built in preamp so you can just hook powered speakers up to it. Came with audacity and cakewalk so converting the albums to mp3 is super simple. Get one its a good idea I love having my old stuff available on my walkman without having to buy it in yet another format.
thanks for the tip! i love audacity, such a cool little program.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.