Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other Steelers fans around here? I'm a big Pitt fan and I get a lot of static for it, being from Ohio and all, but it's OK. I've never seen a game live, but I've seen a handful of college games at Heinz. Hopefully I'll make it out to a couple in Pittsburgh as well as maybe a few in Cleveland and/or Cinci. Until then I'll be watching them from the comfort of the couch or the sports bar. Let's have a thread for us.

What are your predictions for this season? What about in the more immediate future? What do you think we'll see in this Sunday's game against Houston? I think we're around 6.5-7 point favorites, it should be a pretty good game.

Go Steelers!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I got 2 Terrible Towels above the TV and both me and my wife have our game day shirts ready to go for the first game of the season. I'm not sure what to expect this year though but I am pretty sure it will be as good and hopefully better then last year.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I'm a Ravens fan, but ever since Bill Cowher wished our team good luck in the playoffs a few years ago, I've softened to them (no longer wish a pox on Big Ben yada yada yada lol). I don't think ya'll will make the playoffs either this year (Browns/Bengals too strong), but I don't think you'll be placing last either (that would be my team) lol. Best of luck this season (except when we play each other, of course ^_^).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ok so I am a Steelers fan honest to god but I hate Big Ben he is an ass in person and people act as though he is the greatest I am sorry but no I want to see him hurt and taken out for the season and some one else come in do a better job ten him and we kick him to the curb like Madox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't wait for the opener against the Texans. I don't know how good Houston is supposed to be this year. As for the Steelers they have one if not the toughest schedules in the league. I hope not but it could be a very gloomy season for fans. GO STILLERS!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have been a Steelers fan since birth... ok, maybe not since birth, but ever since I can remember. I still have the Steelers helmet I wore throughout the seventies while watching Bradshaw, Harris, Swanny, and the Steel curtain whoop some major @$$ (actually, more often than not, I was standing beside the tv holding up the rabbit ears so my dad could watch the Steelers whoop @$$... thank God for play-by-play)!

Anyway, I hope we have a good season this year. We should be in good shape, so long as no one gets injured, shot or arrested...

NFL players these days :roll:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi.
Just stopped in to say Howdy to you fans of the 2nd best NFL team in PA.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Run Willie Run!!!!!!
With all the the big names going down in the AFC, the middle of the season is not looking so tough now.
This is a brutal run.

Jacksonville
BYE
Cinci
NY Giants
WASH
INDY
SAN Diego
CINCI
New England
Dallas

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
just be glad you arent a vikings fan. dark days for the purple people eaters.

SW
I'd be suprised if the Vikings win 5 games this year. Growing up in Minnesota, the Purple People Eaters and the Twinkies were 2 constants in my life. Since I moved away in 1995, I've kinda lost touch with them, but I still follow them remotely.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The first Steeler game I went to was a Pitt Stadium back in the 60's. My dad took me. I have been a die hard fan ever since. I remember when they were really bad. Heck back then they couldn't even fill the stadium.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.