Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to buy a brick of SPP yesterday for $50. In order to qualify, I had to purchase 1k pistol bullets.
Font Material property Gas Rectangle Automotive exterior

Brown Shipping box Packing materials Package delivery Packaging and labeling

·
Read Only
898 Posts
Good thing is you can turn around and sale the bullets easy without all the hassle that you have to go thru to mail them to someone. Unlike trying to mail primers, powder and ammo. But yes i beleive someone shouldnt have to buy something their not wanting to to get what they want.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Who did you have to make a hit on? Lol. I can't find any anywhere. I got a few but, not much. I loaded 1500 rounds of .38 Special and 9mm a few weeks ago and just about wiped out my stash of primers. Glad you found some though.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Premium Member
35,989 Posts
Both of those are WAY more expensive than what I bought two or three weeks ago. And I GOT to buy them, rather than being forced to.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Both of those are WAY more expensive than what I bought two or three weeks ago.
I'm used to paying between $35 and $40 per 1,000 for CCI or Winchester.

I'd be willing to buy 1K of bullets for my 38 if I got a $30-$40 price on the primers and the bullets were competitively priced. I need bullets anyway.

I guess $50 is what the market will bear right now, but I don't like it and will hold off for a while.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: ajole

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Back in September I found that the Federal 6.5 Creedmoor ammo I had bought uses SRP's. So I went to our only LGS that sells components and they were completely out. A year ago there weren't that many reloaders around here so they reduced their stock, bte they wish they hadn't done that now. But I digress, I was aked if I wanted to put in a reserve for some SRP's, yes of course. Then a friend asked if I could help him out with some SPP's, I told him they would be hard to find, and I started asking around on the forums. A bit later a guy on another forum offered to sell me 500 SPP's at $3 per hundred, but I had to drive a little over 100 miles. So my wife and I took an afternoon drive to pick up 500 SPP's. While he and I were talking about components he offered to sell me 300 SRP's at the same price. So I scored good. At that time I was pretty set for primers because most of my CM brass are LRP's. A couple days later I got a call from the LGS asking if I wanted to exercise my reserve and I said yes, another score. So now I am well set for all of my components.
Sorry to hear you had to have a qualifying purchase GB.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m sure that he does it to keep hoarders and flippers away.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Yeah, can't blame him there. And like rickm said you can sell some/all of the bullets at any time if you so choose.

Reactions: Rerun
1 - 8 of 8 Posts