Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys.

Here is my new C9 with my custom paintjob. I have never custom painted any of my weapons before, but for the price, my C9 felt like the perfect piece to start with. After lots of prep, I used standard Rustoleum Camouflage paint. I have the desert tan, as a base with several coats. Then went over it with laundry mesh and several coats of the next darkest color, earth brown. I followed everything up with 4 coats of Rustoleum 2x Matte clear. It has the effect of a holographic snakeskin. You can only see the snakeskin pattern at certain angles, or in certain lighting. I 2-toned it and only painted the top half of the slide, in order to give the slide a slimmer look. I think it gave it style without getting wild and tacky. What do you think?

Other modifications include:

1. Polished Feed Ramp
  2. Adjusted Mag Lips
  3. Adjusted Mag Spring Tension
  4. Adjusted Mag Ramp Angle
  5. Removed Mag Safety
  6. Custom Lower Acessory Rail (found mounting idea here on forum)
  7. Repainted sights and replaced front yellow, and rear red paint with white paint on both.

In the pictures it has ghost ring sight on, but these cheap plastic sights don't stay level or true. I think I will be ordering a metal "Mahan" rear sight very soon. :)

I apologize for the poor lighting. I was trying to get the snakeskin to show up in pictures. Very difficult with the holographic effect. Could not use any flash. The first image is the best as far as true to life color (pics don't even come close to doing it justice). Hope you all like it. I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
That looks really good man, I'm thinking of doing something similiar to this to my JCP 40 in OD Green.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Yeh I'm really happy with it. If you want the holograph effect, pick 2 colors that are almost the same, with just a subtle difference in the hue. I was debating the OD green as well. Actually picked up a can, just never used it. It was between OD Green, Desert tans, or woodland multicam. Bought all the colors for the multicam. Figured I was covered that way no matter what I chose. I will find another use for them. I'm sure I can find something else I want to camo around here.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts