Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anti-freedom activists hooted with glee when Colt stopped providing their AR15 carbine (model LE6920) back in Sept 2019. They crowed that it was proof that no one wanted these evil black rifles, when the reality was that Colt's price point just couldn't compete in the market with the (at the time) vast number of competitors.

Well, apparently demand has gone up (WAY WAY UP!) since then and Colt justifiably feels they can sell their AR's at a profit and so they're selling them on the commercial market again. For now anyway.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/6/26/the-keefe-report-colt-now-shipping-ar-15s/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
With their overpriced market hype Colt can suck a donkey next to the NRA as far as I’m concerned....

Yes I still want a nickel plated Colt 1911.....:D

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts
They never stopped selling them. You could get them from commercial dealers. Colt is a fucked up tripping over their own dick company for a long, long time.

I got mine back in 2014 for $908 shipped. It sits in the safe. It's not a safe queen. The PSA's are shot more often.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Anti-freedom activists hooted with glee when Colt stopped providing their AR15 carbine (model LE6920) back in Sept 2019. They crowed that it was proof that no one wanted these evil black rifles, when the reality was that Colt's price point just couldn't compete...

Well, apparently demand has gone up (WAY WAY UP!) since then and Colt justifiably feels they can sell their AR's at a profit and so they're selling them on the commercial market again.
Great News, if only that the leftist a-hoes have been slapped silly, YET AGAIN!!!
(no offense, @SWAGA ;) )

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
They never stopped selling them. You could get them from commercial dealers. Colt is a fucked up tripping over their own dick company for a long, long time.

I got mine back in 2014 for $908 shipped. It sits in the safe. It's not a safe queen. The PSA's are shot more often.
They stopped making them. What was available was previously made stock that could still be ordered commercially until it was gone.

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
Saw the title and thought it was going to be about Chuck Norris.

As for Colt, can build a better one for half the price but if it makes just one Lib pee & cry, then goodie.

·
Premium Member
Everything
2,990 Posts
With their overpriced market hype Colt can suck a donkey next to the NRA as far as I'm concerned....

Yes I still want a nickel plated Colt 1911.....:D
Make sure you carry owb if you get one. I have developed a nickel allergy with mine and have now discovered that once you do, you will always have one.

Guess I'm going to have to buy another gun, darn the luck lol

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
Make sure you carry owb if you get one. I have developed a nickel allergy with mine and have now discovered that once you do, you will always have one.

The Sig P938 Nitron won't cause you those problems. Neither will the P365, which you could buy so that I could enjoy it vicariously.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
I have developed a nickel allergy
Nickel or polish chrome ?
If I need to suffer to look beautiful then so be it.
We all have our cross to bear.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
The Sig P938 Nitron won't cause you those problems. Neither will the P365, which you could buy so that I could enjoy it vicariously.
I'm looking at a P365 (or XL) with a RomeoZERO on top, but its not the same
as PistolKitty wearing it against her supple skin, now is it, "THINK"? lol :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
9,238 Posts
I'm looking at a P365 (or XL) with a RomeoZERO on top, but its not the same
as PistolKitty wearing it against her supple skin, now is it, "THINK"? lol :rotfl:
Well, for me, the vicarious enjoyment would be with regards to the P365, itself, because I can't get permission for one, yet. When I enable/encourage people to get guns I want but don't have, I get a certain amount of the enjoyment from the purchase as if I'd purchased it myself.

It has nothing to do with supple skin. If you'll get the non-XL model, by the way, I'll enjoy that purchase more.:)

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
When Chuck Norris gets to heaven, St. Peter will present his own credentials for Chuck Norris's inspection.
Chuck Norris has a Grizzly Bear rug in his living room. The bear isn't dead, it's just afraid to move.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Well, for me, the vicarious enjoyment would be with regards to the P365, itself, because I can't get permission for one, yet. When I enable/encourage people to get guns I want but don't have, I get a certain amount of the enjoyment from the purchase as if I'd purchased it myself.

It has nothing to do with supple skin. If you'll get the non-XL model, by the way, I'll enjoy that purchase more.:)
If I get the non-XL model, then Sonny-Boi won't be borrowing it all the time either ;)

·
Premium Member
Everything
2,990 Posts
Nickel or polish chrome ?
If I need to suffer to look beautiful then so be it.
We all have our cross to bear.

Don't you appendix carry? You don't really want a nickel rash that close to Mr. Johnson.

·
Premium Member
21,148 Posts

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts

Let's hope you don't develop a leather allergy from using IWB holsters. That would be tragic for far more reasons.

Reactions: greg_r
1 - 20 of 44 Posts