Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here again with more questions. OK, so I love my guns, however, carrying the pistol isn't the most fun thing for me right now. I have a shoulder holster. The universal deluxe one you can find on eBay. But, the gun is so heavy it weighs the whole holster to that side, and it starts to hurt as the minutes to hours go on.

What's a good holster I can use, where the gun is still concealed and it's comfortable. Or even if it isn't concealed what's a good one?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Is it a vertical or horizontal format? If it is vertical, make sure the attachments to the the actual holster part criss-cross. If they don't the holster will pull away from the body.

With both vertical and horizontal formats, get the kind where the side opposite the holster attaches to your belt.

If you have one format and it doesn't work, maybe try the other.

You might also find with a holster that seems uncomfortable, you get used to it after a few days or a week.

Good luck! With these big guns it's important the holster is comfortable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the good info makarovnik. The holster is actually horizontal. and both sides are able to attach to the belt. Yeah, I think it's also a matter of me not working out in months! LOL, I've become a shrimp! Once I get stronger it shouldn't bother me as much.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Newbie here again with more questions. OK, so I love my guns, however, carrying the pistol isn't the most fun thing for me right now. I have a shoulder holster. The universal deluxe one you can find on eBay. But, the gun is so heavy it weighs the whole holster to that side, and it starts to hurt as the minutes to hours go on.

What's a good holster I can use, where the gun is still concealed and it's comfortable. Or even if it isn't concealed what's a good one?
May I suggest not CC your HP? LOL! Thats a big heavy gun, not really meant for CC but if you can do it, then do it.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I sometimes carry my C9 in a vertical shoulder holster. I don't like the horizontal version because it's like having a brick tucked into my armpit. The vertical is more comfortable for me especially with the heavy slide.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i carry mine in a half-moon Kholster. i can't say it is comfortable but i imagine it is as comfortable as it can be for its weight. nice thing about the holster is that it is custom made for the C9 and the large leather piece keeps it from digging in the wrong place.

after i buy a bow and a shotgun i am going to get a small carry gun. until then i'll get by with my brick.

if you are interested in a kholster you can search the forums for a referral code to save 10% or i can give you mine.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts

May I suggest not CC your HP? LOL! Thats a big heavy gun, not really meant for CC but if you can do it, then do it.
C9 is no more heavier then anyother gun of it's size Glocks S&W and others weigh just about the same. I used to CC mine in South Carolina with a Fobus and it was concealed. [the only ones who noticed were the local LEO's and they knew I carried]

·
Registered
18 Posts
i carry mine in a half-moon Kholster. i can't say it is comfortable but i imagine it is as comfortable as it can be for its weight. nice thing about the holster is that it is custom made for the C9 and the large leather piece keeps it from digging in the wrong place.

after i buy a bow and a shotgun i am going to get a small carry gun. until then i'll get by with my brick.

if you are interested in a kholster you can search the forums for a referral code to save 10% or i can give you mine.
i have an issue with the kholster as it always seems to hit the magazine release while in the holster.. not bueno. =/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.