Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is FINALLY home :cry2:

Actually got it Friday, but I have been so busy with work (both at the theater @ ASU, the cab company and at ChyroArts Theater) that I haven't had time to enjoy it! The "new guy" they put on it the 3rd time it was in the shop was actually a mechanic who got laid off from the local Italian superbike dealer in town, and just HAPPENS to know Piaggio rather well. Granted it's no Ducati 999, but it uses the same parts :D

He got the exhaust working PROPER this time, rebuilt the CVT transmission using a Kevlar drive belt instead of the standard one, redid the bearings in the rear end and replaced the head gasket just for good measure. Has GREAT power now, sounds good and is nearly back to what it was! I got to get a new front tire ASAP on it, and need to fix the cosmetic issues from a bunch of ignorant chimps bashing the thing around and breaking bits off. My lawsuit is still standing and will continue on, but at least after 5 months now the bike is back.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm glad your got you scoot back and hope it is now fixed right. Are you going to keep it ? Sometimes no matter how much someone likes something when there is this kind of problem they loose their desire to keep it. This happened to me years ago with a Corvette I had.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Congrats on getting it going.

Real drag when you loose your toys.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Man, I'd love to think this story is over. But..............

My fingers are crossed for you, Neo!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Good to hear you have the bike back dude.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't... the battery is dead :'( :'( :'( :'( Sat so long that it went flat and is hardly holding a charge!!!

Hopefully I can find a cheap one (under $120) to get it going this week, then replace the tire on the front that is nearly degraded from...you guessed it....sitting too long. Lawsuit is sitting in paperwork hell and I have to pay more filing fees, but I'm going to get it going.

Otherwise, it's been doing ok. Stalled once on the way home, but I think that's because it was cold. Not a lick of problems since.

And, yes.... I'm actually considering trading it in on a BMW. I'm NOT giving up on Vespas!!! I want to keep this one, but I need reliable. And, if I do decide to trade in, I'm going to find a vintage 60's or 70's one to fully restore like my old PX150 I had when I first joined up on here.

·
Banned
4,876 Posts
sure wish you hadn't mentioned Ducati's in your opening post....it made me miss mine :cry2:

I sold it to pay for my honeymoon.

Good luck with the Vespa, I'd love to get one some day...there is a slim chance I'll be moving to Italy later this year so maybe I can pick me up another fine Italian bike.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sure wish you hadn't mentioned Ducati's in your opening post....it made me miss mine :cry2:

I sold it to pay for my honeymoon.

Good luck with the Vespa, I'd love to get one some day...there is a slim chance I'll be moving to Italy later this year so maybe I can pick me up another fine Italian bike.
Hey, my bike is just a smaller, slower and prettier Ducati :D

Then again, I prefer to think of Ducati's as faster, louder and overly-macho versions of Vespa:p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Neo,
I've been away a while...months and you are just now getting it back! Well, congrats on finally getting it done right. Enjoy
Old Geek

·
Registered
431 Posts
if your bike sits a lot look into a "Battery Tender ". I never had the need for one but a couple of guys I know with bikes have them and say they work great. They keep your battery charged but will not over charge or hurt the battery. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Well it's good to hear your baby is finally home, bummer about the tire and battery :reallysad:
Best of luck as your suite moves forward

Jet

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if your bike sits a lot look into a "Battery Tender ". I never had the need for one but a couple of guys I know with bikes have them and say they work great. They keep your battery charged but will not over charge or hurt the battery. Just a thought.
The bike sat for over 5 months while the mechanics screwed me around. I think THAT killed the battery. Also, I don't dare leave anything that could be taken off the bike without tools in this neighbourhood: It will be stolen ASAP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.