The Sarah Connor Chronicles...opinions?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by neothespian, Jan 13, 2008.

1. neothespian

neothespian Member

Saw the premire of the new Terminator franchise, and the verdict:

So far, so good!

The casting of Summer Glau was an awesome choice by directors (If you're having a hard time placing the name, think "Firefly" and "Serenity".... River Tam...). The CGI was great for the budget, and yes...the writing was a bit weak, but they kept to the smaller story elements to give it consistency and the pace was good.

For a first shot, I'm impressed. It needs refinement but alot better than I thought it would be. I got hopes for it.

Whether or not it will last will be an interesting. Sci-Fi rarely gets a fair shake on network television.

2. griff30

griff30 Member

Where did you see it?

3. It doesn't start here for half an hour. I miss watching stuff early in AZ.

4. neothespian

neothespian Member

Oh yeah...forgot.... we saw it about an hour and a half ago. :p

5. Got it set to record ont he DVR, along with all the terminator movies that are of course running left and right on the coat tails of this series. Hope it pans out.

6. Yep. Saw It. Liked it.
    Summer Glau is a cutie ( loved her on Firefly and Serenity),
    and like Neo said, damn good special effects for a TV budget.
    Now, if they can keep the momentum up, it may become one of my favorite shows on TV (which is rare since I don't watch much brodcast TV anymore).

7. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

missed it but i fear this will go the way of firefly.

SW

8. Sorry I missed it, but it's suppose to be on again tonight.

9. a bit of a yawn for me. I kept trying to context it with the timelines of the movies and became too much work. Turned it off after about half hour, may give it another chance but we'll see.

10. SteveD

SteveD Member

Thanks fox for putting scifi on a major tv network. I don't usually wacth network tv except for sporting events (poor Dallas). I hope it stays on for a while. :D

11. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Now Neo you stated in another thread http://hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2702&start=0 That you didn't watch much tv and then you name 3 other channels. What gives here? I don't know what we're gonna do with you old bean :wink: :lol: [Comon now dig yourself outta this one] Oh and Neo [​IMG] GOTCHA!!!

12. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ah...but you notice it's all Sci-Fi...same genre. I don't watch it much, but I do take time for what I DO like.

Besides, there isn't much to do in this hick town.

13. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I JUST had to razz ya

14. urotu

urotu Member

I watched, I liked, but they shot a bunch right here in Albuquerque. The entire opening scene where she went to get John from school and came out to the waiting cops, that was shot at Highland High School, recognized it right away, pretty cool.

Overall it was OK, we'll see what happens with some growth. The writing wa a bit weak, as well as the story line, but it's just the beginning.

If it get's any good, I'll have to add it to Supernatural and Lost.

15. I was going to watch that last night, but ended up watching 3:10 to Yuma. That was a damn good flick. I'll have to give Terminator another shot next week and see what it's like.

16. You have a chance tonight if you're available to do so.
    It's on at 8pm EST.

18. I am waiting for it to come on, I am going to watch it tonight.

19. neothespian

neothespian Member

Like I said, they got the casting right on the show. Now, if the writers can learn how to use the dynamics of each of the actors to their full potential then they'll have a cult hit. That's what made shows like "Firefly", "Xena" and the like a hit: Good character dynamic using the attributes the actors bring to the table that understand the genre they're playing to.

The actors know what it's like to work a Science Fiction story, and aren't trying to play it for a soap opera or some sort of Oscar think-piece. But, only time will tell if they can do it.

20. psysage

psysage Guest

OK while at work was able to read the post but did not know it was on.

I found that Fox has a beta so you can watch some of their programs.

This was one of them.

I have to agree with Neo they have the right cast.
    I liked the show allot more then I expected to. I hope they can keep the same energy and thought throughout the series. It seems to have the "right" stuff to make a good series.

It will be added to my DVR for future watching.

psysage