Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is kind of a long story so please bear with me as I vent.
Last Wednesday night about 7:30 my dogs were raising all kinds of hell so I went outside to see what was going on. I keep my trashcans outside the fence at the corner of the house,(only my back yard is fenced) and my lab and husky were just going nuts ( they were inside the 4ft chainlink fence) I figured it was a possum or a **** but its pretty dark over in that corner so I picked up a rock and threw it over there and let out my ******* battle cry "Gettonouttahere" hoping to run off what ever it was so my dogs would shut up. What emerged was a rotweiller that prolly weighed about 130 lbs on a mission to take me out. He charged me and jumped up on me knocking me to the ground. I managed to get both hands around his neck to keep his chompers out of me, but he was working real hard at getting his muzzle to my wrist and I wasnt sure if I was going to make it out of this with my face. That when the cavelry showed up my dogs (who I still dont know how they got out of the fence unless they just jumped it). First was my lab Bo he hit the rott like a truck and knocked him off of me by latching onto his neck which infortunatly my hand was still holding. The husky Mo jumped on next grabbing the rott by the underbelly right at his hind leg and the fight was on. I ripped my hand loose from Bo's grip scrambled to my feet holding my hand together and ran into the house to grab my baseballbat but by the time made it back outside it was over. My dogs were just holding a torn up carcass to the ground. Thats when I started checking my hand, my right thumb was just about torn off whereI had ripped it out of Bo's mouth and I had some nasty Lacerations to my hand. So I was off to the hospital.

This is where the story take a turn. When I get there they call the police which is required on all dog bites. The cop comes and takes my statement that went much like the one I gave you guys above. Thats when I am informed that the city has a vicious dog ordinance that says that if my dog bites a person even if its accidental that it cannot have my dog inside the city so I have to get rid of my dog or move. I proceeded to go apeshit making referance to having more ammunition in my house than they have cops in this town and they could just come try to take the dog that just saved my butt ( by the way thats a bad idea but I was kinda spun up by the events of the evening. So after my girlfriend talks the cop outta taking me to jail for threatening a police officer, I got my hand tended to , hey FYI they wont stiche a dog bite no matter how bad it is so after it heals up im prolly going to have reconstuctive surgery to fix my hand.

Well ofter alot of curseing and screaming I decided to call an attorney and listen to what I have to do now:
I have to have my dog kenneled with a vet for 2 weeks and he has to be evaluated (all at my expence) then I can go to the judge and file for a exceptional injunction of the ordinance which I have to pay the lawyer to file and argue.

So now Im just pissed and waiting I have both my dogs kenneled figured it was a good idea since no shot records on the rott and he was acting ass crazy.

Just wanted to vent thanks for the ears. Oh and if I hear the term Zero Tollerence one more time I think my head is going to explode.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
How bad is your hand messed up, and why the hell won't they stitch a dog bite?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Zero Tolerance.

Did it explode? Sorry, had to find out. That is terrible that they would want to take your dog, who bit you by way of saving your life. Hind sight is 20/20, but you should have just said the rotty bit you.

Sorry to hear about the whole ordeal. My prayers are with you, your family, and your dogs.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They say its too high of an infection risk, It dislocated my thumb at the second knuckle and tore the tip almost completely off , ring finger got a nasty rip clean to the bone. All they could do was steristrip it and give me IV antibiotics. Its not much use to me right now but hey Ive never been so glad to be left handed

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zero Tolerance.

Did it explode? Sorry, had to find out. That is terrible that they would want to take your dog, who bit you by way of saving your life. Hind sight is 20/20, but you should have just said the rotty bit you.

Sorry to hear about the whole ordeal. My prayers are with you, your family, and your dogs.
Thanks and yeah its one of those honesty aint always the best policy kinda things

My girlfrind wants you to come clean my brains off the wall , carefull she looks pissed

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
What ever happened to good old fashioned common sense? Seems like there are too many lawyers in this country. Why punish a dog that saved someone. He deserves a Big fat juicy steak for his efforts after he is done digesting the the rott. 8)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
What ever happened to good old fashioned common sense? Seems like there are too many lawyers in this country. Why punish a dog that saved someone. He deserves a Big fat juicy steak for his efforts after he is done digesting the the rott. 8)
What he said.

I thought you could use the laugh after all the stress. They say laughter is the best medicine.
Zero Tolerance

Gotcha again.

G

·
Sorry 'bout the injury, but hopefully all will turn out okay. Can you imagine the hassle the cops might have given you if you had blown the rott away with your HP (I'm sure you weren't carrying at the moment, or you might have tried.)
Good luck on the rehab and legal crud.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Damn doesn't even cover it...
Are you SURE that the rott didn't bite your hand? ;)

G

·
First, I wish you a speedy recovery and a quick end to the legal fiasco.

Second, ofalltheworthlessbravosierranogoodstinkinguselesspieceoftrash... I'm running out of PC words here. Stupid lawyers and stupid laws need to be banished.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Man, that story put my jaw on the ground. And in the same note, ticked me right off with the ending.

I know how hard it is to think rationally in a moment like that...sucks you couldn't have said it was the rotty that bit you. But still, I would never in a million years let some cop try and push me into getting rid of my Boxer if a situation like this ever happened. I definitely agree...those dogs deserve some MAJOR pampering. Glad you survived it, bud.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My vet knows the whole story. My vet is awsome they are getting really good care right now. I wanted them kenneled for at least 3 days to make sure rabbies wasnt an issue, because if I wanted the rott tested for rabbies I had to foot the bill for it. Mo ( the husky) is back home now and doing good he just misses his running buddy. I go by and visist Bo ( the lab ) on my way home from work everyday, my vet stays open late so I can go by and see him. I dont have any doubts that my vet will give a good evaluation hes very familiar with him and likes him alot, he doesnt live in town and offered to take him if the case doesnt go well. I really think everything is going to work out I just cant believe the crap I have to go through to get this resolved.

Thanks for all the well wishes

I have no idea who the rott belonged to no collar no tag. I really feel kinda bad about how things worked out he was a gorgeous dog and prolly just hungry and abandoned running on instinct and fear I would like to get my good hand on his former owner and toss them a good beating.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
That sucks!!! I have had several dogs running around my neighborhood and they are not always friendly. Hopefully things will turn out in your favor.

I have to agree that I probably would have said that the Rott bit me and my dog got it off.

If you do have problems and are forced to get rid of your friends (temporarily), let us on the forum know. Maybe one of us is close enough to be able to babysit for a while.

I have a Golden Retriever that is friendly to everyone he has met except one. We had a UPS guy make a delivery one day while I was not home. My dog, Hirsh, sensed something and got into a very protective mode of my wife and daughter. Don't know what was going on with this UPS guy but the dog did not want him there. The wife pulled him off before anything happened. The wife called me in a panic because of the dog and expected some retribution from UPS. Nothing ever happened with it however. Needless to say, that dog did get steak that night. Never saw that UPS guy on our route again either (Wife described him and I had met him a few days before on another delivery).

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
DAYUM! i think im with a few others, if the cops had told me my two boxers had to go i woulda been getting patched up in TDC. already had one run in where someone thought my 'pitbull' (boxer with clipped ears) was attacking me in the back yard cause i was playing with her and rolling in the dust, they almost took her then.

post up some 'found one rotweiller' posters and see who shows up.... throw a beating to the one who gets irate cause its dead....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
DAYUM! i think im with a few others, if the cops had told me my two boxers had to go i woulda been getting patched up in TDC. already had one run in where someone thought my 'pitbull' (boxer with clipped ears) was attacking me in the back yard cause i was playing with her and rolling in the dust, they almost took her then.

post up some 'found one rotweiller' posters and see who shows up.... throw a beating to the one who gets irate cause its dead....
^^^ You have Boxers?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Maybe you should contact the media that way the people in the community will know the story; and what could happen to their dogs if a situation like this happened to them; the media loves stories like this. That would not be good publicity for the police department and city.

Whats so confusing about the whole thing is your dog didn't intend to bite you, the dogs where protecting you trying to stop you from being bitten. I hope the best turns out for you and your dogs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.