The Taurus Raging Judge 28 Gauge Revolver

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by GunMonkey, Jan 20, 2011.

1. I hope they can still make the revolver carbine version of the 28 guage.

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

He doesn't have a link to the BATF ruling. Last I'd seen they hadn't issued an official ruling. Do you have a better link?

Peace favor your sword

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

nothing "official" yet but ATF agents removed both weapons from the floor of the SHOT show. that in and of itself tells me plenty.

SW

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Agreed. It doesn't bode well.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. Shame it's probably not gonna make it, I think it would make a very nice home defense firearm if firing buckshot.

6. post removed COC violation - SW

7. OblivionNine

OblivionNine Member

Seems the practicality of it all becomes reduced the bigger they get. They met a neet little niche by being able to shoot the Colt or .410 (And I thought they were thought of as a good snake gun)

I've never understood the popularity besides the "cool" factor.

My luck would be having the shell when I needed the colt or vice versa...or seriously for the same size wouldn't you rather have 12+ rounds of 9mm or .40 for self defense?

Guys at box o' truth found them to be great snake guns.

8. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

I'd like to have a 20g pistol just as a way to avoid the SBS taxes, but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

9. Delmar

Delmar Member

If you do decide you want a BP Howdah, I know a place that has them for only $375 http://www.middlesexvillagetrading.com/PDBC.SHTML

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yeah, that looks like the one Dixie Gunworks and others are selling.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

OK, here's another "update." Looks like it's good to go after all.

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2011/01/uncapping-taurus-products.html

12. 47_MasoN_47

Quite. I'd be tempted to buy a 28 gauge revolver just for the lulz if nothing else.

13. Ditto

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

As has already been noted, I feel a pull for a "howdah pistol." As time went on, many of these were in classic English pattern DA revolvers such as the .577 Webley. So I have a desire for a less "blinged" Raging Judge. Maybe blued steel, less "modern" looking bbl, and wood grips.

This is possibly my favorite pic illustrating the Webley
    [​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

15. 47_MasoN_47

Those old Webleys were some beasts.

16. i own Middlesexs' doglock fowler, and have handled the .69 double flintlock pistol. they are both well built. they are made in india by a village of gunsmiths to pattern. i think they use hydraulic tubing for the barrels so thet are all smoothies. but my fowler has a double wedding ring stands51" with a .69 barrel. and the wood is mahogany or teak i can't remember. they use native hardwoods in construction not walnut or maple but good BP guns.

i am waiting on the BATFE shotgun ruling too, i want a Saiga and a KSG so i want to see what they are going to do with it.

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The shotgun "study" is out. Basically, shotties with bayo lugs, certain "black rifle" style stocks, and detachable mags with >5 capacity are out. Siaga's can still come in but not WITH the 10 round mags. You'll have to buy those made here in the U.S. Siagas may also have to have a more "classic" stock which you'll also have to replace.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. Delmar

Delmar Member

Dixie Gunworks and Cabela's both sell the Davide Pedersoli Howdah Pistol, but it starts at $600 on sale.