The Things I do at Walmart.....

Discussion in 'HPFF Comedy' started by Rachgier, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

So I think I scared the begeezus out of the cute girl stocking ground beef tonight, and she'll probably tell people she met an axe murderer.

So I'm walking down the cases looking for ground beef and there is so poor of a selection that I considered waiting until tomorrow and hitting the grocery store up near the house. I'm standing there texting Traci because she just got back from the State Fair and went to the demolition derby. I hear a female voice asking me if she can help me find something. I turn to look and lo and behold a cart full of meat. I say, "No darlin' I just found exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm going to have to take it away from you." I reach passed her and grab a 10# roll of chuck off her cart, hold it up say thanks and wander off to find my cart.

The look on her face was absolutely priceless.

2. slade601

slade601 Member

There's so many great stories that start in wal mart!

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Jeez, all you did was tell her that she brought out the exact items you needed. It's not you told her, "You sure got a pretty mouth.":p

4. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Ground beef from Walmart? In a mystery roll? Any type of beef from Walmart?? Pass! :zombie:

5. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

You should have said "mmm bloody meat is my favorite" and then winked at her while licking your lips!!!

6. EvilE424

LOL I was talking to a guy about good steaks and how I like them bloody! I then said "I really enjoy the moist meat in my house" got his phone number which I politely turned down and said that made another comment about meat (in regards to Moonz). Guy laughed and said I was the perfect girl. LMAO He obviously doesn't know me very well!

7. Meh-

90% of ground beef is full of s***. Google it.

8. EvilE424

Perks of having friends who are ranchers! Plus the Amish are not far away their meat is AMAZING!!!!

9. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

....and you know this because you worked in a meat processing plant.... or because you read it on the internet? :eek:

I did work in a wholesale meat plant, owned by a rancher. We did have USDA inspectors that would come through the plant at least twice every day. I was the meat grinder. (hamburger maker) and never once in the two years that I worked there were we tagged for anything, especially for feces contamination, so I'm calling BS on the 90% statement. :p

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

There's nothing wrong with most of the ground meat, or meat in general, here in the U.S.

Go back a century or more and check on what's available, or check out what's the expectations during the War of Independence.

Bunch o' wusses. :p

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

11. Rachgier

While I generally agree with you and usually only go to a local butcher, ground beef is up over $5/lb here and I'm feeding 7 people on a tight budget.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

Ya right. We know as an Admin here you are pulling over 6 figures annually. :p

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Sounds like he figured you out pretty fast! ;)

You sometimes make RIPPY look smart... :p

14. dynapoint

dynapoint Member

Nothing wrong with the meat

Mebbe you missed the Consumer Reports story. Out of 300 packages of hamburger purchased around the US, both regular commercial meat and "sustainable" meat, every single one had detectable enterococcus or E. coli (i.e. fecal contamination). 20% had C. perfringens, 10% had a strain of S. aureus that produces a toxin that can make you sick even if you cook the meat well-done. 18% contained bacteria that were resistant to 3 different classes of antibiotic ("sustainable beef" did a little better there, only 9%).

If you want ground meat, you're way better off grinding it yourself. Bacteria grow on the surface, and ground meat is all surface.

15. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Since when is all our food supposed to be sterilized? :foilhat:

16. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Is this price in Colorado? Here in Eastern Iowa I bought 2ea 10lb. rolls of 86% for $3.29lb.
    on Thursday. It had just dropped another $.20lb last week.

The owner had 80% for $2.89lb in 10 lb tube.

But, Walmart is over $4.00lb for 73% as we observed today. Ridiculous.

17. Rachgier

NY. Won't be down in CO on a permanent basis for another 3 weeks.

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

I only buy ground beef when it's made in store. The stuff you can't see in the tube always seems to be the junk they recall. Walmarts steaks and roasts has water and weird chemicals injected into it to add weight and make it tender.

19. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

All the tubes we have bought for years has a glass clear tube so we can see. We get them at our little single small town store who also grind their own. But, they have a little deli there that all the contractors in the area use as well as locals. However, the owners do not use their own burger in the deli! They only use these 86% or 92% tubes for the deli. Why?

Owner says the deli supply company sells him only Black Angus Beef burger. He considers it the best. And, he gets it for less than he can make his own. So, I utilize the availability of it and he can price me on request. Always lower by about $1.00 a pound.

20. Consumer Reports. Now, I have no doubt their methodology is waay more strigent than it need to be for consumption but it does make for scary headlines.
    Frankly, it's naive to think that our food supply is perfectly antiseptic. Bugs in the grains, critters in the veggies, poop in the meat. It's gonna happen. Can't dwell on it much.
    It's like worrying about zombies.