Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on going for my handgun permit soon, I know they are going to ask why on the forum. The only reason I want a handgun is for target practice and possible competition shooting in the future, are those two feasible to say on the application form?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you talking about a Handgun Permit or a Concealed Carry permit? I got a concealed carry permit for personal protection. I don't have to have a permit to own a handgun. If you are just going to use it for target practice and competition, I don't think you need any type of permit, at least not where I live.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
He lives in Syracuse, N.Y.--we need permits.

I merely stated that I wanted the permit in order to legally inherit several revolvers from my dad. He ended up passing away 3 months later...

Stating that you want one for "protection" probably isn't the best idea. The reasons you listed, though, are good ones; just be honest. If you need any help, let me know; I just went through all this.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Even in the now blue state of Pennsylvania I was able to get a ccw permit by just stating "personal protection". I believe I stated the same in Alabama. I feel for you NY state residents. But I'm sure that you are much safer there. :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love the great commonwealth of Kentucky. No permit to own or buy a handgun, no waiting period (save for calling in your info to Big Brother), and open carry is allowed. Kentucky is the polar opposite of California when it comes to firearms.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here in NH we don't need a permit to purchase or own a handgun or to open carry. We do need one for concealed carry but it is a must issue state so it is really simple to get $10 and about a week and a half and you will have your permit in hand.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Put for defense, or just say you want to exercise your 2nd amendment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.