Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe in these theorys. All of them seem to make sense but I just dont know. Its kinda scary to think about. I was just wondering everyones input.

The Mayan Calendar
2012 gained the patina of doom with the best-selling 1966 book "The Maya" by Harvard archeologist Michael D. Coe. He noted that the Mayan culture's famously complex "Long Count" calendar simply ends on 12/21/12, speculating that civilization might come crashing down on that date. Other scholars argue, however, that the Mayan calendar would merely flip over like an odometer that reached 100,000 miles.

Galactic Alignment
Astrologers have also pointed out that during the winter solstice of 2012, the orbital planes of the solar system and the twelve Zodiacal constellations will intersect with the "Dark Rift" -- a black bit of the Milky Way located next to Sagittarius. Some argue this intersection is precisely why the Mayans -- who were brilliant astronomers -- ended their calendar when they did. But other astrologers believe that this conjunction will usher in a great shift in consciousness.

Timewave Zero
And then there's ounterculture thinker Terence McKenna whose Timewave Zero theory -- drawing off of elements from the "I-Ching," the teachings of philosopher Alfred North Whitehead, and modern fractal mathematics -- which determined that 12/21/12 is, you guessed it, the exact date of a profound change in world. Roughly speaking, the Mayans, astrologers and McKenna are all predicting global doom or the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Sunspots and Pole Problems
So if the apocalypse is set just in time for holiday shopping season three years from now, how exactly will the world end? One theory that actually has some traction in the scientific community is that a solar flare will cause a sudden shift in the magnetic orientation of the Earth's poles, causing all kinds of planetary problems like volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. NASA is predicting strong solar activity around 2012 and there's evidence that the magnetic poles are slowly weakening, something that reportedly presages a reversal. Of course, most scientists think that this reversal will take centuries, not days, to occur.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
No need to read all that, you can watch the movie:

And no, I don't buy 'The world will end, we're all going to die' latest version of fear mongering.

·
Village Amadan
593 Posts
Regardless of when the world will end, the big question is are you ready if your world ends tomorrow?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that is what sparked my interest on the topic i seen an add for the movie, but also ive been hearing this for years from preachers, teachers, proffessors, ect. Ive heard this all the way since i was a little kid. I mean its kinda like the Y2K incident but that was created and gone within 2 years this theory has been around forever. I dont really persay i believe it will happen but I do kinda feel Like something like this will happen in my lifetime.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Well were like 500,000 years overdue for a pole shift, I'm not sure you'll notice unless you have a compass. The Mayan calendar just ends there not necessarily a harbringer of doom...wait oh my gosh! I just noticed the calendar hanging in my kitchen ENDS on Dec 31, 2009..what does it mean?? Means wait til end of Jan 2010 and get a new calendar on sale. I think "Galactic Alignments" occur all the time this particular type occurs approx every 26,000 years, just coincidentally what the mayan long count is about..the 12/21/2012 being the date they project for it. Well that sort of expalins the claendar just stopping its all a build up to that, once ya get there well no point in going on. Then again maybe they foresaw Obama and its scary how 2012 plays into that... :D Oh end of the world therories, do I believe them? Sometimes I think they just got to be true only way I can make sense of things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see no one observed the end of the World from the point of view of the Bible. In the end, according to revelation, stars or what we call astroids will fall to the earth, their will be pestilences, floods and etc.. If anyone knew about the end time (biblical) Obama is going to be nothing the the person in charge of the whole world that will be a one world government. The Anti-Christ or Beast of the Sea he's called, will come out of the Meditteranean area and will be the last man
centered kingdom before Christ returns.

The scenario of the economic hardships we have now are something like what
will come. Obama will never be the 666 figure so many filled with fear thinks
he is. The Anti-Christ/Beast of The Sea will be the one to bring his mark of
666 in which no one can buy or sell. I just can't understand how people can
make claims that Obama is the 666 person, when all one has to do, with
prayer and possibly ask a versed Christian of the end times who that person
really is. It does no good to exist in ignorance.

In the meantime, the best we can do is prepare to meet the Lord as you may
die before getting to see the most severe biblical prophesies anyway.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I see no one observed the end of the World from the point of view of the Bible. In the end, according to revelation, stars or what we call astroids will fall to the earth, their will be pestilences, floods and etc.. If anyone knew about the end time (biblical) Obama is going to be nothing the the person in charge of the whole world that will be a one world government. The Anti-Christ or Beast of the Sea he's called, will come out of the Meditteranean area and will be the last man
centered kingdom before Christ returns.

The scenario of the economic hardships we have now are something like what
will come. Obama will never be the 666 figure so many filled with fear thinks
he is. The Anti-Christ/Beast of The Sea will be the one to bring his mark of
666 in which no one can buy or sell. I just can't understand how people can
make claims that Obama is the 666 person, when all one has to do, with
prayer and possibly ask a versed Christian of the end times who that person
really is. It does no good to exist in ignorance.

In the meantime, the best we can do is prepare to meet the Lord as you may
die before getting to see the most severe biblical prophesies anyway.
Well since no one knows who he is how do you know Obama, your neighbor or me aren't? Although if its me I wish this power and wealth thing would kick in...got a bunch of firearms and ammo I want to buy. Oh and could you give me the chapter and verse that says this anti-christ will be from the mediterrean? (and please don't give me "king of the north")In fact John is the only one who uses the term and I read it to mean anyone against christ or who preaches against christ "even now many antichrists have arisen"..that seems to mean more than one. I don't see the word anti christ in revelations at all...isn't that odd if he's such a pivotal figure in end times?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sorry, hate to tell you guys but Im the anit-christ.
Anit: ancient Egyptian goddess
That's nice for you, but I doubt it matters to anyone else.
:D
Now you're thinking like a secularist!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Who cares?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Obviously not very many people, but me personaly I would like to know if my world as i know it is going to come to an end as predicted. If my life has a certain timeline in which I will die I would want to live it up completely before this time comes. Not eveyone wants to live there life to the fullest, but i certainly do. :yes: :yes:

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Obviously not very many people, but me personaly I would like to know if my world as i know it is going to come to an end as predicted. If my life has a certain timeline in which I will die I would want to live it up completely before this time comes. Not eveyone wants to live there life to the fullest, but i certainly do. :yes: :yes:
Live life to the fullest anyway yo might die tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do trust me but i could squeeze a few more things in if i knew there was a certain day or time the inevitable would happen.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I do trust me but i could squeeze a few more things in if i knew there was a certain day or time the inevitable would happen.
So what you're saying is you wanna drive a stolen sports car with a bottle of whisky between your knees and a buncha naked 17 year old girls in the car while you shoot machine guns out the windows?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LMAO maybe :devilsidesmile:

the last few minutes/days im alive. Goin out like a champ. LOL Girls have to be 18 tho ive got a pet peive about that.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I watched the trailer on youtube. I have a question. Why are all the same people that are in Independence Day in 2012?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do you believe in these theorys. All of them seem to make sense but I just dont know. Its kinda scary to think about. I was just wondering everyones input.

The Mayan Calendar
2012 gained the patina of doom with the best-selling 1966 book "The Maya" by Harvard archeologist Michael D. Coe. He noted that the Mayan culture's famously complex "Long Count" calendar simply ends on 12/21/12, speculating that civilization might come crashing down on that date. Other scholars argue, however, that the Mayan calendar would merely flip over like an odometer that reached 100,000 miles.

Galactic Alignment
Astrologers have also pointed out that during the winter solstice of 2012, the orbital planes of the solar system and the twelve Zodiacal constellations will intersect with the "Dark Rift" -- a black bit of the Milky Way located next to Sagittarius. Some argue this intersection is precisely why the Mayans -- who were brilliant astronomers -- ended their calendar when they did. But other astrologers believe that this conjunction will usher in a great shift in consciousness.

Timewave Zero
And then there's ounterculture thinker Terence McKenna whose Timewave Zero theory -- drawing off of elements from the "I-Ching," the teachings of philosopher Alfred North Whitehead, and modern fractal mathematics -- which determined that 12/21/12 is, you guessed it, the exact date of a profound change in world. Roughly speaking, the Mayans, astrologers and McKenna are all predicting global doom or the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

Sunspots and Pole Problems
So if the apocalypse is set just in time for holiday shopping season three years from now, how exactly will the world end? One theory that actually has some traction in the scientific community is that a solar flare will cause a sudden shift in the magnetic orientation of the Earth's poles, causing all kinds of planetary problems like volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. NASA is predicting strong solar activity around 2012 and there's evidence that the magnetic poles are slowly weakening, something that reportedly presages a reversal. Of course, most scientists think that this reversal will take centuries, not days, to occur.
I definately belive in Pole Problems! That's why my name is butterbone! It sucks gettin older, but at least I get to brag about how freakin HUGE my prostate is!!!
Cause that's how America does it, That's how Dad did it, and it's worked out pretty good for us so far!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
THe greatest book ever written talks about the end of day in Revelations. It seam to me lot of them are close to happening now so when Christ returns that is when it over

1 - 20 of 33 Posts