there is something wrong with this

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by pills, Jan 13, 2008.

1. pills

pills Guest

2. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

HAHAHA, what if the truck comes off the jackstands, or worse, the log siezes on the stickler, and starts a spinnin'?

3. LOL, I was thinking the same thing Strangerous, that log comes spinning towards your face, I just see to many things going wrong. I'll stick to the ax, split, and maul.

4. pills

pills Guest

I am looking for a hydraulic splitter because I have a vertebrae in my back that refuses to stay in place. As bad as it hurts to swing, I will visit my chiropractor every day before hooking this device up to my truck.

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

6. pills

pills Guest

I have looked at some of those. Seems you have to use pretty short logs. The link you sent says the Length capacity is 14 1/2".

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Surely there are some good sized electric splitters, i just searched "google products" and linked you to the first one that popped up... no actual research involved, but it looked good.
    Get the Stickler!

8. unwired

unwired Guest

thats not much different then running off a tractor pto, it does have a madmax/roadwarrior look to it tho

9. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

That Things Great ! I'll Take 3!

10. I say HIT THE GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we can have tooth picks.....

Some things I thought I would never see. Just seems like there is alot to go wrong???

If you chop or screw wood to long then your stuck in the woods out of gas lol. That would be funny. There I was coneing my wood and the truck died lol..

11. I don't have Quicktime so I can't view that video, but I get the gist of what's going on in the video...

My preferred method of splitting wood is with an axe. On the bigger stuff, a maul is ok but for just regular pine, an axe is all you need.

12. pills

pills Guest

Funny thing is this has been around since the 70s...

13. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

man the logs he is splitting are the size of the the stumps I use to split logs on.

14. How does that thing work, I watched the video but I don't get it am I missing something?