Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the ER yesterday...well...I ended up there. I don't honestly remember driving, but my car was there (and parked perfectly. I gotta stop driving a cab) as was I. I felt like I had a cold times 100 kicking my butt.

Diagnosis: I have the flu, but budget cuts kept the hospital (a corporate chain, not the county medical which is considered one of the best in the state..) from testing me for H1N1. You see, they now won't test ANYONE unless they've actually died from "flu-like indicators".

But, I was shuffled into a quarrintined area and given a special mask and they even used different clipboards and pens for me to complete EACH form, and tossed them when I was done with them! The doc thinks that the weakened immune system combined with the massive number of hours I've been working to cover the bills plus my large interaction with the public made me a prime target for it. And, he said stats for those in Arizona that potentially have H1N1 are around 40 to 60%.

But, they still wouldn't test me. So, I discharged myself, tried to hail a cab and couldn't (probably because I still had the damned mask around my neck and was a bit out of it too much to realize it was still on), and resigned to driving my car back to my apartment.

This sucks :'( I feel like crap AND I can't work!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
That's sux bro.they should have checked you i would guess but of course when
i get sick i wont go period.i hope you feal better soon though.try drinkin theraflu,man
it made a world of difference when i almost died years back from mono and hay fever
together.that theraflu made me feal a bit better even though someone called 911
behind my back lol.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's sux bro.they should have checked you i would guess but of course when
i get sick i wont go period.i hope you feal better soon though.try drinkin theraflu,man
it made a world of difference when i almost died years back from mono and hay fever
together.that theraflu made me feal a bit better even though someone called 911
behind my back lol.
I KNOW I would've got better treatment at the County Medical center in Phoenix, but for how I was feeling, I could hardly drive my girl home after a date. I was fine nearly all day (save for a slight sinus migrane that honestly wasn't that bad), but it really didn't hit till we were headed back to her place. Within an hour I was full blown sick, and have pretty much stayed there. The Corporate hospitals are known for treating people different if you don't have insurance, and have made national news for refusing treatment without proof of insurance or cash up front. The County Medical might "look" a bit getto, but the customer service there is top notch and they're always big on full disclosure because it's a teaching hospital. They may not have zen water gardens and personal trainers for each patient, but I've always got the best HONEST care there and being a State University employee they're understanding of my insurance situation and help to work around as much as they can. I'll probably try going there if things don't improve by Monday to get an honest answer.

But, I'm not holding my breath...well...I am, but only when someone else comes in the room.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Drink lots of OJ and take a hot shower and let the stream run on your forhead and nse area, this will clean out your sinus's quite a bit. If you have a vaperizer use it to keep your respitory system cleared out, and sleep all you can. All you need is time to get rid of it. Good luck. Keep some hand sanitizer with you all the time I have for a long time and it works good.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Get well man. Strange how with all the focus on H1N1 they wouldn't have tested for it? Get to the county hospital if you aren't better in a couple of days. I wouldn't risk letting it linger any longer than you have too, especially with the health issues you've had.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get well man. Strange how with all the focus on H1N1 they wouldn't have tested for it? Get to the county hospital if you aren't better in a couple of days. I wouldn't risk letting it linger any longer than you have too, especially with the health issues you've had.
County will test for it. The corporate hospitals are...well... this isn't the proper venue to go into what I think about corporate medicine. I am feeling a tad better, but still like I got the stuffing beat out of me by Samuel L Jackson and had it shoved up my nose just to make a point....

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have been fealing bad and starting to worry a bit but im not going to the doc
because i dont want to alert the very people i hate.it might be somekind of stomache
virus but im sick hurting bad in my stomache and now getting week.withthat and my nose
running im sure it's not that.im not going out around anyone till it's over just incase.

·
Registered
833 Posts
They sent a letter home with my son last Friday saying that some one in his school is being tested for it, wonder how this is going to go. Neo take care of yourself alkeselser (sp?) cold and flu may also give you a little relief if you can chug a glass of it.

·
514 Posts
I'm just getting over it myself. Not fun. Take care of yourself. Sleep, hydrate, etc. I know I don't need to say this to a bloke from the UK, but tea is your friend when it comes to fighting off illness!

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
still like I got the stuffing beat out of me by Samuel L Jackson and had it shoved up my nose just to make a point....
"And they will know my name is The LORD!"

I listened to an interview with a public health official in Colorado last month who was talking about why they aren't testing people for H1N1. Basically, until the seasonal flu is in full swing (like sometime this winter) they are just assuming that everyone who has the symptoms has the H1N1. It is not cost effective to test everyone and it doesn't make much medical sense since the treatment is the same for both types of flu. Right now, the sample rate has shown that more than 99% of the population with flu symptoms have H1N1. So its safe to assume that if you show up in the ER with the symptoms then you have it.

Sorry to hear that you are so sick though. My wife had it. It wasn't too terrible for her, but it still sucked. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
The thing about it that I don't understand is why all these medical experts hype all this crap up. I mean, no matter what, all living organisms are going to adapt to their environment. Just like bacteria have "adapted" to modern antibiotics, the human body is going to adapt to whatever diseases are out there like the common cold or H1N1. I know the basis of the illness is viral rather than bacterial, but come on. Words like "pandemic" should really be reserved for stuff like Polio was back in the early 1900's and the Black Plague etc.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
What really annoys me is the fact that 60,000 people per year die from the seasonal flu. Why don't we get all scared about the seasonal flu? It's killed so many more people than H1N1 has.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.