Thingmeister mag release

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by GKC, Sep 24, 2014.

1. GKC

GKC Lifetime Supporter

Has anyone installed the Thingmeister mag release on their JHP 45? If so, how is it working for you? How was the install?

Thanks for the info!

2. GKC

GKC Lifetime Supporter

So I'm guessing that no one here has any experience with the JHP 45 mag release?

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I could have sworn several here did.
    For sure the Hawaii TV guy did it.
    Get in touch with him.

4. zeewiz

zeewiz Member

I was thinking about getting this too, but found it cheaper just to modify a couple of generic1911 mags. Takes a little tweaking but works fine and you can still use the original mags.

5. oarlock

oarlock Member

I installed one

for some reason it will not accept loaded mags until you press the release button. Empty mag will click into place. I considered just altering mags but wanted to be able to use the mags in my 1911. After altering the mag to fit hi point they can no longer be used in 1911

6. GKC

GKC Lifetime Supporter

This was my thinking.

How hard was the install? I know that's a relative question...you may be a master gunsmith. I am decidedly not.

7. oarlock

oarlock Member

there is a video which is quite helpful, also the producer is very helpful on his facebook page. Looks like we were both squids about the same time. Oh, mine was on the carbine.

8. GKC

GKC Lifetime Supporter

I talked to Thingmeister on his Facebook page, and he said he was planning on making a video. I haven't been able to find one yet, though...do you have a link?

Thanks.