Things That Make You Go..hmm

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bluebone, May 6, 2014.

1. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

my brother-in-law has been on a kick recently where he's doling out marriage advice on facebook......did i mention that he's about to get married, FOR THE 6TH TIME!?!?!

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Well...... One could always consider it "how not to" advice....ask him what he'd do in a situation, and do the opposite! You could become husband of the year with this nugget of wisdom.

3. bluebone

oh i certainly do that already. he likes to pass out motivational wisdom too, but he hasnt held a job in 3 years. i guess i'm just venting. my wife and i work hard for what we have and yet he gets by from suckering women to take care of him while he charms them into thinking great things are just around the corner.

4. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Ooohhh...

A gigolo...

I knew a fellow who did that most of his life.

I think his name was...

eldar

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

So would you rather take advice from someone with experience or from some one who had NO experience? Do we not learn from our mistakes? LOL

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Is your brother in laws name Eddie? ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1399420091.464451.jpg

7. rickm

rickm Member

I once knew a licensed marriage councelor that had been married 9 times and she couldnt figure out why i wouldnt listen to her.

8. Kiln

Kiln Member

It's almost as bad as when Bloomberg and Feinstein try to give us all advice on guns.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

People have always been free to give advice and "wisdom" even when they're patently unqualified to do so. The internet has just made it easier for them to reach a wider audience without being vetted. The good news is that most people realize that now and tend to take wisdom from the net with a grain of salt.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Yep, like half the 'contractors' doing gun reviews and torture tests on YouTube.
    Oh and giving concealed carry advise!

11. bluebone

I hope this doesn't turn into another 10mm vs .40 debate.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

<nods>

The frustrating thing for me is not that people take unqualified advice when they shouldn't. Like I said, I don't think that really happens as much as some are afraid. My gripe is that people who already have formed an opinion will argue with you and use these unqualified sources as evidence to support whatever idiotic position they hold.

"Oh Yeah! Well I don't care if you claim to be an actual qualified martial arts instructor because youtuber 'SomeRandomDrunkGuy' reviewed that bowie and said it was kill zone awesome! So screw you and your claims of poor balance, shoddy construction, wrong/soft steel, and weak joins! Here's a link to 'SomeRandomDrunkGuy's review which shows him hacking at a concrete block which proves you wrong!"

:p

Guns, knives, gear, books, training, technique, economics, whatever. I've seen it happen a zillion times. <sigh>

Some people just want to be stupid I guess.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

No.....it's things that make you go hmmm.....

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    <Deep breath, Sigh, rolls eyes, and nods>

As a teacher, I can assure anyone wondering...this is absolutely and totally true.
    And I am not just talking about the kids.:(