Think I finally decided

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by tallbump, Jul 11, 2015.

1. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

SO, I stepped on the scale today with my C9 on and fully loaded.

Took it off, stepped on again. Exactly 2 pounds less.

I think it's time to get something better for conceal carry.

Stopped at the LGS my friend works at. As I said in another thread, almost put a KelTecPF9 on layaway. They had a used one for $219.Payday isn't until Wednesday, so I didn't have the 10% to put down. Otherwise I probably would have.

But I also checked out a new KelTec PF11 and a SCCY.

I REALLY like the SCCY. Fit my hand great. Weighed next to nothing. And holds 2 more rounds.

I think that is what I am going to get.

I already have arrangements to sell the C9 to get some of the money, I just need to come up with the rest.

I am leaning towards selling my Mossberg 500. Really don't use it. And it would get me enough to pay the difference to get the SCCY

Going to talk to one of my friends tomorrow who was talking about wanting a shotgun

2. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I had a P11 and a buddy still has a PF9. Any ammunition that has even a slightly hard primer is not reliable in either gun. With my P11, Perfecta would shoot about 50% of the time.
    I have handled a SCCY, and that would be my choice over the Keltecs.

3. tallbump

Thanks.

I keep thinking about the 9 for $219.....

I REALLY like the SCCY better....but that price tag keeps luring me back

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I have the PF9 and the P11.

Never had any failures in either gun, the PF9 was new, $259, the P11 was used, $200.

The 9 is far easier to carry and conceal, the 11 has more capacity, and is easier on the hand.

I carry the 9 on the ankle, IWB, or in a pocket if the pocket is large. Correct holsters on each.

The P11 is IWB only, for me.

Never handled a SCCY.

5. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    I have a neighbor with the SCCY. He carries it everyday and has done so for a few years. It shoots great.

6. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Take the firing pin out and clean put the channel. Never mind you don't have it anymore. Kirk would be said if he heard that.

7. moona11

E's had that when we got ours the firing pin channel was rusty cleaned it out and it never failed again. Hard primers no issues any more

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Sold my SCCY to my next door neighbor, gun buddy, co-worker, Mainiac gunsmith lumberjack dood. He's shot a bunch of perFecta through it, just fine. Says it is great with that and WWB, and he also ran something else thru it.

9. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I cleaned the firing pin channel several times , because everyone said that was what was wrong with it. Didn't help. I also replaced all the springs with new ones from Keltec, those didn't help either.
    I got tired of messing with it and someone who knew what problems it had offered to buy it for a decent price, so I let it go.

10. moona11

Did they get it to work

11. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I don't know if he ever got it working correctly. He was a college student that worked at my job as summer help. When fall came, he went back to school.

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The sccy is just a copy of the Kel Tec P11 with less capacity than the P11.

Sccy = 10+1 rounds
    P11 = 12+1 rounds

Again, the sccy does NOT hold 2 more rounds than the P11. Just the opposite.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Those are the two usual suspects.

While not unheard of, these issues are pretty rare.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

14. moona11

Kirk your the one who helped me with it I think.

15. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

The SCCY has a lifetime warranty and in the event that it is ever lost or stolen, if you send a copy of the Police report they will replace it for free.

16. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Depending on what magazine you have. The 10 round mag comes standard
    with the P-11.

17. histed

histed Supporting Member

I've got a SCCY - or actually, my better half does. She loves it. It east what its fed (mostly my handloads and cast bullets) and hits what she shoots at. While the C9 lives in her nightstand, the SCCY usually lives on her hip or in her purse. Had one FTE on the very first mag, not a stutter since. One word of caution - think the grips are wide. My fingers are short and I have trouble getting a proper grip. My wife, however, has small hands but long fingers - no grip problems.

18. tallbump

I have long fingers so that won't be an issue. I did hold it an I really liked the feel.

That and the warranty is what has meaning leanign towards that over a KelTec.

Maybe I'll just sell ALL my guns and get a G43:eek:

19. tallbump

I am really considering one of the purple SCCY's. Just because

Attached Files:

20. moona11

you no longer have a man card.