Think I finally found my new home

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Visper, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I know I've brought this up awhile ago, but after a lot of house hunting I finally FOUND IT!!

We put an offer in over the weekend, and just a few sticking points but it looks like they are going to accept!! (crossing my fingers)

Here is a brief description:

This wonderful custom built contemporary is nestled on 11 gorgeous wooded acres. The beautiful, private lot features a 1/2 acre pond, plus a cleared 1+ acre open area - perfect for horses, garden, or other outdoor activities. If you are thinking about horses, the Daniel Boone Homestead is nearby and offers walking and riding trails. Inside, the comfortable LR has a floor to ceiling brick fireplace accented with a highly efficient Efel coal stove. The kitchen has been upgraded with Quartz counter tops, & glass back splash. All appliances are included. The first floor master suite features w/w carpet, master bath, and a separate vanity area. The 35' x 20' first floor family room is surrounded by 6 sliding glass doors with access to the wrap around deck & hot tub. Great for entertaining & enjoying the woodland views! Upstairs, there are 2 bedrooms and a spacious loft area. The 32'x28' finished LL game room has a tile floor, pool table, and a propane stove. Other highlights of this fine property include: 1st floor laundry, security system, a LL work area and a sturdy tree stand for the hunting enthusiast. The 3 supplemental stoves coupled with the Geothermal HVAC system will keep your utility bills to a minimum! Backup generator is also hooked into the main panel for emergency outages.

Ok not so brief, but it has everything i want. Wish me luck, we should have a definite answer within a day or two.

And now for some pics!!

Attached Files:

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Needs more trees closely spaced around that observation tower :D

Nice!!! :D

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice spread Visper!

4. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Nice deer stand! Add some curtains to block the wind and a small heater and be comfy while waiting!

Oh nice house too :D

5. Visper

Thanks everyone!! Yeah I was sold when I saw the tower and the pond (fully stocked). The geothermal is a definite plus also. That large field behind the house is where the tower overlooks and there are (2) other tree stands strategically located along paths on the property also.

There are no pictures but there is a 100 yard range already built also!!

I'll be broke for awhile (I think that's why my wife is letting me make another firearm purchase while we have the money...) but I think it is definitely worth it!!

6. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Looks awesome.

Best of luck, keep us posted

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

11 acres dayuuuuum...very nice

8. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

And what exactly does a great property like that go for in PA? I've got 11 acres in southern Colorado. I have two trees about 2' tall. :( Of course I didn't pay what your going to either:rolleyes:

9. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to vicariously enjoy it by hearing you report that you have moved in.

10. Visper

Lets just say... it wasn't cheap... well at least not to me. I would love to head out west like Texas or Arizona or Utah or even south to Georgia but I have a good job here... I hate looking for those lol. I'm a manager there so its pretty secure and they pay me alright.

Its one of the reasons I am moving, I have about an hour and 45 min ride each way now... on the damn turnpike... moving here will be a 25 min ride through country roads, I can't wait!!

Anyway update:

We are within about 15k on the price, that's the price I need to put a new roof on it, its the original one (built in 1985) so its due... lets see what they come back with.

11. Visper

I'll keep you all posted!! I really cant wait to actually HUNT on my own property!! Going to need a bow and a black powder rifle (flintlock) to get the most out of this!!! lol

12. abyssinmeoff

abyssinmeoff Member

That is an incredible property. Hope you get it.

13. Dang,Visper.Be sure and put those GPS coordinates in for all of us when you take Title.We'll party with ya! :)

14. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Berks County has some really beautiful acreage. I've been to Birdsboro many times, had friends that lived in Exeter Twp that I used to visit regularly. Congratulations... I know you'll love it there. :)

15. Visper

Well its official!! They agreed to our last counter today!! Settlement on Nov. 20th.

I'm going to hate moving my daughter mid school year (she's only 10) but I couldn't pass this house up...

I got a home warranty (eh... its free) and a zero turn mower thrown in too by the agent lol. We'll see how the mower works out but i was think more of a small tractor, but I'll take it if its free!!

Edit: Now just gotta hope the inspections go well...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  16. Visper

I work in the area, it is great! This will be culture shock for all of us though, we are city folk, It can't be to hard to get use to.

Or can it...:confused:

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    No! You will do GREAT!

CONGRATS, Vis!!! :dance: :llama: :splits:

18. Visper

Thank you UG!! Its a cool feeling, nervous but excited.

19. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

:dance:Awesome, congrats :dance: