Thinking about a Taurus PT 92B

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by BobboJama, Mar 10, 2015.

1. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    Looking for a large frame 9mm, but don't want to mortgage the farm to get it. I seen many reviews,50/50 good/bad. You folks seem to be about the least opinionated of any I've seen. so honestly, what do y'all think?

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

I like that gun. If I didn't have so many other wants, I'd get one! BTW, I have no experience with one, I just want one...

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

The PT92 is a very good 9mm. It is just as good, if not better than the Beretta and it has the safety is the correct place. I have owned both and the Taurus was much better.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I own the PT92 afs.... Love it.... The only negative at all is the lack of adjustable sights..... ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1426032802.795737.jpg

5. From what I have heard it's probably the best pistol Taurus makes. I have had a PT 22 and I have a 327 Federal but never owned the 92. From what I know they are made at the factory originally owned by Beretta in Argentina? Or Brazil? Bersa is made in one and Taurus in the other and i can never remember which is which. When Beretta abandoned the factory they gave it to Taurus.

I would say buy it!

6. Bull

Brazil for the pt92.... On beretta machinery

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I have been considering a Taurus .357, but they are only $100-$150 less than a Ruger. I am on a tight budget, but $100-$150 more for a Ruger is almost a no brainer.

8. Kiln

Kiln Member

I think they're a great value. I've been lucky with my Taurus guns and they've been mostly trouble free aside from some teething problems with my TCP.

9. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    I decided to go with the PT92, ordered it yesterday, should be here Wednesday. If I have the time I'll clean and shoot that night. I hope I'm as happy with it as everyone I talked to is with theirs. Thanks to all for the input!!

10. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Hope you like your 92. I like them and considered one when I was looking for a full size 9 myself. In the end I went with the 809, but only because I am doing some consolidating and there is also a 845. Just trying to make everything as close to the same as I can.
    Now if Taurus would reconsider and come out with the 822 conversion.

11. rickm

rickm Member

The only problem i have with my Tauras pt92af is used mags are hard to come by but fixed that problem by getting used beretta (GI mags for $8 each) and taking a flat file to mag catch hole and enlarging it upward just alittle so they would work.

12. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    good to know!! thanks for the info!

13. Bull

GoesBang on here sells them too.... And I hope you like it Bobbajama! Good luck, and range report!

14. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    I picked up the Taurus today.. Great gun.. cleaned it,oiled it up and ran 4 mags through it..Flawless!!! The trigger is a bit different than what I'm used to, but I'll get used to it.. I'll head to the range on Sunday. I'll post a report and pics after that! Thanks for your excellent info!!!

15. Grant

Grant Member

Too bad I didn't see this sooner. I have a pt101 with a pt 92 slide in addition, I would have sold you. If you need mags for the 92 let me know. I have a couple of extras. 15 rounders. The 101 is 40 cal with adjustable sites.

Attached Files:

16. Bull

I'm glad you like it... Like I said, ive really enjoyed mine.