Thinking about buying, need advice

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by screwylewie, Feb 6, 2008.

1. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

2. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Not familiar with that gun, but when I saw it, I immediately thought of the Bryco/Jennings/Jiminez guns... It looks a lot like 'em. I'd be scared of a .50 cal. Jennings... Anyway, I'm babbling. That's just what the picture made me think of.

3. Cool, 500 bucks for a 50 AE, go for it! Specially with that ammo.

4. Ari

Ari Guest

AMT has been around a long time. I think the AMT line that had that model was bought out by someone, and is still being made. You could get one in 22 mag, 30 carbine and a few others. But looking at that photo the front of the slide looks all pitted and rusty.

5. Joe Sixpack

Joe Sixpack Guest

AMT made some nice guns, i only know of that preticular gun from reading about it, never seen one in person.

i'd say if you want a .50cal thats not such a bad price and a collectors item.

6. screwylewie

screwylewie Guest

I think the "pitting look" is the pic quality. When I turn my monitor brightness up it seems like a starvel or light grey parkerizing. The OBO in the ad got me into haggle mode, and lets just say he is very flexible on the price. I am gonna sleep on it, but getting a 50AE for the price of a bersa...

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

I think the gun has been fired more than a few times, Must not be that bad if it is still holing up.

And yes .50AE is the penis envy of firearms. Mine is bigger than yours. HAHA.

Yeah I'd like one but $$$$$ holds me back

8. Hey Lewie, let me sweeten the deal for you a bit. If you do buy the gun, I'll buy the bullets and the brass from you. I need more for my reloading projects... Just let me know what you think they're worth and we'll work out the shipping no problem.

9. But I'm getting a 50 beowulf :p