Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Thinking about picking up a C9

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  autosurgeon 
#1 ·
I've read through the forums a bit and would like to wrap it all up here.

Is there a specific type of ammo not to use? Like wolf?
Do any of you use the C9 for CCW? Does it work out?
What's the average price a C9 goes for?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I use my C9 for CCW. I'm a big guy, 6'3", 280lbs, and I don't have any problems with it. I use the Fobus model hp-2 holster and love it. I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts or jeans. Sometimes I just wear a button shirt untucked. Either way, it fits good.
As far as ammo goes, some guns are picky, others aren't. My C9 likes WWB's from Wally World, but my Dad's chokes on it, his likes Wolf, and mine gags, but YMMV.

#4 ·
I carry the c9 everyday.... in the waistband tucked if I am dressed for church or in the fobus or slider if I am dressed casual. 5' 8" 200 lbs.

it's not hard to conceal :D

#5 ·
it seems to eat any type of ammo you can give it and is rated for +P+ rounds. at about 150 dollars, how can you turn it down? It's a hell of a fun gun to shoot, works well, and shoots straight. I can't comment on ccw use though, I don't carry/have a ccw licenese.

#6 ·
I can tell you it will eat wolf after you get it running, Had one that had some props Fluffed and buffed and nothing seemed to stop it.

Wolf WWB, Remington UMC, Blazer some random crap your bud has. IT should be fine.

PRice range from 120-160$ Just have to search and not buy the first one you see shop. Like a car...........

I would suggest the 995 as a complement to the C9 the carbines are crazy awsome. I dont care what fire arms you own they are sweet.

The true reason I like hi-point so much. The carbines are the (BAD WORD)...!!!!

#7 ·

1. Is there a specific type of ammo not to use? Like wolf?
2. Do any of you use the C9 for CCW? Does it work out?
3. What's the average price a C9 goes for?

Thanks in advance.
1. Well. I dont know about ammos to not use. But I can say that I have shot WWB and Remington UMC Yellow Box (I think is what it's called) and a lot of reloads out of it with no problems.
2. I often carry my C9. I just throw a loose fitting button up shirt over what I'm wearing and it does just fine.
3. Not sure, but I paid about 160.00 for mine. I know that is a bit more than what others are paying but I feel it was a good price for this area.

#8 ·
+ 1000 to the above.

except...... carrying tucked in the waistband? If I read correctly. I think most of us would agree this is NOT the way to go. The safety can be undone and the trigger is exposed. For a few bucks, I'd get a tuckable IWB holster.

#9 ·

Is there a specific type of ammo not to use? Like wolf?
Do any of you use the C9 for CCW? Does it work out?
What's the average price a C9 goes for?

Thanks in advance.
My C9 will eat Remington, Blazer, and LOVES Wolf but WWB not so much. Wolf seems to have a slight more kick and a larger flash.

I swap between carrying my C9 and a .22. I am trying to get used to both of them. I am 6'0" and 230-ish and have no problems. [EDIT->] I have a Fobus for OWB carry and an Uncle Mike's IWB. I put a couple of stitches in the IWB holster to provide a little better fit. I saw an article about making a holster and they added some thickness where the safety was located. It helped prevent the safety from sliding to the "fire" position. I was thinking about doing that with the IWB holster. [<-EDIT]

I paid $169 with a plastic case; I could have paid $165 without. At the monthly gun show in Music City, I have seen them for $129 - $189. You could look at pawn shops for a used one and then send it to Mother to be rebuilt. I have heard of some bought for $50-$60. Add $15-$20 for postage still makes for an inexpensive purchase.

#11 ·
The gun show here in Nashville today had 2 dealers with C9s. One had them for $138 and the other was $145.

#12 ·
In regards to the comment about tucked IWB I should stress that this is with a tuckable IWB holster! I would never carry gangster style with the chance of blowing off something vital
:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.