Thinking about selling my 995ts after first range trip

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Irishfanatik, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I just got back from my first trip to the range with my new 995ts and I fear that it is going to get quite expensive owning this weapon. Not only did I stop to buy ammo on the way home for a return trip on Friday, but now I am definitely making plans to buy the 45. I fired 200 rounds today and left feeling that it wasn't nearly enough. I'm sure almost everyone on this forum can relate. Anyone that opened this post hoping they could buy a slightly used gun, sorry, I was making a joke, albeit not a funny one. No chance I am getting rid of my Hi Point any time soon. :D

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I told you irish! Fun fun fun!
    Walmart, federal aluminum case 9mm. $9.95 a box of 50. Runs like a champ thru mine.

3. I am making plans to sell a .45 Auto 4595 Hi-Point carbine. There is nothing I really dislike about the Hi-Point except magazine capacity. It's too bad Hi-Point manufacturers do not make fourteen or fifteen round magazines for them.

This subject has been discussed many times before on these forums. Hi-Point never will make larger magazines for them under current ownership.

4. :mad: Dagnabit!
    Seriously, great post, you got my attention! If you like the carbine in 9mm, you're gonna love it in .45 :)

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Check out gunbot.net or ammograb.com. If you buy in bulk, you'll be set up for at least a couple of range trips.

6. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I would think people buying a semi-auto firearm whether pistol or rifle, would anticipate ammo costs are going skyward They shoot up a lot of ammo, and if you have 2 or 3 Bros with you, it gets real expensive.

7. juski_w

juski_w Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1421203424.175554.jpg wife got .40 and I got .45 I have the hicap mag & love it.

Sent from my iPad using Hi-Point Forum

8. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

Nice!! I'm taking my wife to shoot the 9 Friday. She'll love it, then hopefully won't give me grief when I buy the 45.

9. What?

What? Huh? Member

AZ
    My lady enjoys the 995, I'm sure your wife won't give you grief when you get the .45. This way both of you won't have to wait your turn. ;)

10. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

Reload , reload ,and reload some more !! I felt the same way , a little over a year ago 9mm ammo around here was about 20.00 /50 rds shooting two boxes don't take long as you know. Now I stuff about 200 rounds and shoot at least that many per trip I also load my 40's .223,colt 45, and 357 sig, now they are still expensive the Sigs are about 35.00 and the Colts are around 40.00 for 50 rds I figured it costs about 15 cents a round to pack the 9's not including the cost of the press

11. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Shoot a price out there?

I'm looking for a 4595 for another Classic conversion.

12. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

You live in TN? ;)

13. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    There are a lot of reasons to sell a firearm, but that has to be one of the (I was going to say silliest) but will say most "unusual" reasons that I have heard in awhile. Get more mags load them up keep them close at hand. How long does it take to change a mag? 5 seconds? You are sport shooting at targets, not at bad guys who are shooting back.

14. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

My 4595TS eats ammo like crazy and I was forced to buy more magazines to allow me more shooting time and less reloading the magazine time.... this is a problem I enjoy suffering with and solving.....
    Side note I love the look on folks faces when they shot the HP Carbine I then I tell them who makes it!
    It wreaks their thug guns,cheap POS firearms ideas about HP's
    The Plus P ammo fact lets me shot whatevers on sale unlike the other firearms!

15. I am working with the forum member "underGROUND" right now on a sell. If the deal falls through I will let you know.

The "Masterpiece Arms MPA1SST" .45 Auto looks like a good deal now.