THINKING OF A C9-CLEANING ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by FLA2760, Dec 23, 2007.

1. FLA2760

FLA2760 Guest

Hi
    I am getting a C9 in January. I have heard that taking them down for cleaning is difficult. I was thinking that Gun Scrubber and a bore snake might be the way to go. What about lube? How do you keep your HP pistol clean? :?: Thanks.

2. xlh883

xlh883 Member

Thats it, as per Hi Point verbal instructons. A little CLP or 10w-30 synth oil is enough on parts that rub or move. Simple,eh?

3. rodka

rodka Member

taking them down is very easy i do it to my jcp every time i fire.
    all you need to do is knock out a pin at the end of the frame with a punch and mallet or a hammer and nail will even work the pin glides right out. then release the slide and lift at lift at the end once youve done a couple times its quite simple

4. Ari

Ari Guest

Do not take them apart tell you reach the factory prescribed round count, Taking them apart to often causes many problems. This is per Hi-Point themselves... That is why they put this in the instructions.

5. rodka

rodka Member

ive never encountered any problems and so far 700rds through it.
    im kind of O.C.D. when it comes to my guns so i have to clean them after every session plus if i do break i'll either send it back or buy a new one thats the beauty of hi point.

6. Ari

Ari Guest

But many have... rounding out the hole that the pin goes in. Loosing parts not getting parts in right. She went through a whole list of problems they have run into.

7. I usually just clean the bore and chamber area the best I can, and then put a small amount of lube on the slide area.

But anyone that knows anything about weapons will not have any trouble taking it apart and putting it back together.

8. Its a fairly simple process and you can always ask if you get stuck more then likely the problem has already been encountered by some one here!

9. When I first bought my C9 I removed the slide just to see what was under the hood. Then I cleaned out all the heavy factory preservative and lubed the internals with the gun oil of my choice. For the first 5-6 range shoots I would remove the slide, see how much fouling had built up inside, clean, check for wear, lube and reinstall the slide.

Now days when I come back from the range all I do is swab the bore out, clean what I can inside the chamber area with q-tips and put it up. The C9 just does not need the same maintenance as other semi-auto's after a range session.

My C9 has 1500+ rounds thru it now and its been at least 9 months since the slide was off last, and that was to install a new firing pin spring.

rimfirehunter

10. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I don't even own a snake. I just use a rod and some patches and it's all good for me :D