Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surffin the net last night and discovered hi point firearms. i am not made of money so the price caught my attention. i currently own 2 taurus revovors a judge and an old model 80. i am looking for something that will be a lil more confterble to carry. i am looking for any feedback on hi-point firearms. i have my eye on the 40sw-b or maybe the 45 or 9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have never fired a semi auto only revolvers and shot guns how is the c-9 on accercy? what about up keep and cleaning? can you use normal solvent to clean them with the palimer frame?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I have a C9 that I will use for CCW, still trying to find the right holster though.

I did see that they have a Paddle Holster for the Taurus Judge. I'm not sure of the brand name though.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Go for the C9 9mm. Ammo is cheaper so you can practice/plink more, and statistics have shown that it is just as formidable a caliber as the .40 S&W or .45 ACP.

BTW:
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest the C-9 to start with cheaper to shoot, east to carry, then move to the JHP 45
As Broomhead said this is an addiction and the only cure is to buy more Hi-Points 8) Oh yes! you will buy more

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my wife gives me an allowence and i have been saving for a few weeks so this morning i put the c-9 on layaway(i get an allowence cause im already addicted to guns) ill have it out in a few weeks. i went to the gun show this morning and handled the 380 the 9 and the 45 i liked the way the 9 felt it was a little heavy but i liked that. i also talked my brother in to buying his wife a .380 hi point.
I have a C9 that I will use for CCW, still trying to find the right holster though.

I did see that they have a Paddle Holster for the Taurus Judge. I'm not sure of the brand name though.
i bought the 6.5 inch judge. not really concealable but a great home gun. the only gun i can think of that would better define hand cannon would be a s&w 500 and you have to have a think bank roll to fire that bad boy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here's a thread I started from a recent trip to the range with a new shooter. There's a pic of what he shot - pretty impressive for a new shooter. Needless to say - the target shows some excellent groupings. I count the few shots in the 5-7 rings as user error:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,13455.0.html

Yes, they're accurate!

btw - good on the judge, that's quite a cool revolver.

i have never fired a semi auto only revolvers and shot guns how is the c-9 on accercy? what about up keep and cleaning? can you use normal solvent to clean them with the palimer frame?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are all sending you in the right direction. I took the HP forum advice, bought a c9 acouple of weeks ago ..LOVE IT ,shot grr.. great right out of the box.. BE SURE to break in the mags. and shoot 7 rounds to break in.. Its fun to out shoot the snobs.. Buy it ..and keep the cash for all the rounds you can enjoy shooting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts