Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't worry, this one isn't about the gun, just about the company. :tongue2:

seriously though, this stuff is news to me. I'm betting by your response that this forum has had its fair share of glock discussions, but i haven't seen any recently. I've only ever held a glock once. I don't know a whole about them except that they are used by a lot of cops, they have complicated safeties, and that they are expensive. The link about the company is what grabbed my attention. :yes:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the link you provided has much mis-information. alot of it has been debunked in teh six years since most of that was published. yes glock frames had a problem. they replaced all of them that needed replaced. we'll bash glock till teh cows come home, but they are still the most used LEO handgun for a reason. as to your comment on "the companies position on proven failures", ive seen plenty of US companies with firearms failures that get recalled and nobody says much of anything. but find a glock witha problem and its shout it to teh heavens! those morons in austria screwed up! now we have a reason to bash glocks! The gun zone is so far in teh bag for 1911 people they even bash S&W on occasion.

glock safeties are all internal and you dont have to do anything except pull the trigger to fire. ADs are caused by improper gun handling.
95% of the 40 cal KBs have been proven to be either innapropriate ammo or user created failures.
the slide rail recall was from a mis-calibrated machine. not unlike the recall on rugers SR9.

SW

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I've been saying it for the past thirty years, when will people listen.... HK > Glock
Yeah but HKs cost twice as good* as a Glock...

*As in they cost twice as much to get the goodness...

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Hey at least the slide won't go in your face like another pistol *cough Beretta M9 cough*

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I have my complaints about HK too....
Don't get me wrong I love HKs just can't afford 'em. I shot my dads HK45 and it was great, it felt like I was shooting 9mm and not .45 ACP, as the pistol is designed to reduce recoil up to 30%.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Shot a whole mag through a G19 once. Stripped it and checked it out. I will stick with Ruger. Don't get me wrong. It was a nice gun. Accurate and all. Just overpriced IMO. Bring them down to around $350 and i might consider one.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
You got Glock mixed up with Beretta :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I dunno Glocks have had 300,000 round torture tests and lived to tell about it, that's good enough for me, I don't plan on putting that many rounds through all my guns combined let alone one...

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No guys, it's cool, what he means is that he knows any money he spends on a Glock is not wasted!

Also, I be lollin' at anybody who thinks there is a 100% reliable gun or gun company.
touche

and +1 on the second part

and.. and. i am a little drunk and when i tried to type 'touche' the first time, it came out "ypivjr"

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dunno Glocks have had 300,000 round torture tests and lived to tell about it, that's good enough for me, I don't plan on putting that many rounds through all my guns combined let alone one...
are you kidding, with a PS90 in your posession, you damn well better be planning on shooting that many rounds. you owe it to the rest of us schlups who will only finger one of those at a gunshow

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
are you kidding, with a PS90 in your posession, you damn well better be planning on shooting that many rounds. you owe it to the rest of us schlups who will only finger one of those at a gunshow
Wow I feel like a douche correcting you but I have an FS2000 not a PS90, my dad does or did I'm not sure as he won't tell me what he traded for the SCAR he got...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.