This can't be a real idea... can it?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Visper, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    SO....assuming the cops have the same restrictions...If I have a unit that masks their signal and will let me shoot, or if I just have an old gun without that tech...I own the space.

If I have a unit that shuts their guns down, even if they DO want to shoot...I own the space.

And as we always say...if guns won't work, we can just use (insert favorite non-gun weapon here, start with rocks, work your way up to blades, then continue on to pipe bombs, grenades, IED's and suicide vests.):rolleyes:

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Yeah... I don't think they totally thought this through!

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That would be the kinda revolution we could win!..... Our low tech guns, vs state o the art, wifi monstrosities.

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

the defcon guys love this idea. It's one more thing they can screw with.

6. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

It would just make anyone who was following the rules unable to respond, for everyone else there are guns without the tech, or illegally bought/stolen guns, or even manufactured/zip guns.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Sure, fantastic idea.....:D
    Now how do we get 100 million gun owners to make 250+ million guns compliant?
    Oh yeah.....that's right....we can't.........silly me....:rolleyes:

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's kinda like Obamacare and insurance, isn't it?
    We'll get everyone covered...except for the 5+ million that don't bother.:rolleyes:

Of course, they can fine you for non compliance.

So, you didn't go to the doctor once, you cost society exactly zero...and we will fine you $350 for daring to NOT sign up for insurance, so you can help cover the cost of this boondoggle.:cool:

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

But guns are bad for your health..........they're addictive for one thing.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Well, there is that...:p

11. bws

bws Member

They should have listened to Joycelin Elders and just invented "safer" bullets... Snorts, LOL... I can't believe I said that with a straight face.

God help anybody who has a 2.4 GHz cordless phone within 40 feet. And while WiFi is an interesting concept, what kind of SOFTWARE are they going to use to make the weapon understand what zone it's in? SSID? PSK? X.509 Certificate or ACS Server? But seriously, they're thinking outside of the box, which is a great idea, however, even the theory behind this sucks. Any high school kid could render something like that completely useless.

12. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

And do they really think people would bring in say valuable collectibles to be fitted? Or people would bring in guns that've been through generations of family to be hacked up for this?

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Not to mention the criminals lining up to have their FA AKs and zip guns fitted up.:rolleyes:

14. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Oh well they have those gun's for gas drives, buybacks and stuff, totally will solve the illegal owner/gun problem because they were going to use them to steal like 30 bucks anyway.

15. The "Wi-Fi" frequencies are public and unrestricted with one exception.

It is illegal for anyone, any corporation and also the government to interfere with those frequencies. That means no one is allowed to broadcast any signal or data to hinder, block or over-power any other device using those same frequencies.

That law has been on the books since LONG before Wi-Fi devices were created. I'm talking back into the 40's. It was created to protect microwave ovens and allow anyone to make and sell them. It was written to encompass any device utilizing those frequencies and others.

So, if this Wi-Fi controlled gun free zone thing would violate not just that long standing law, but also many regulations pertaining to it.

Worse, if they did pass allowance for it, imagine the precedence it would set.

Oh, wait...

:(

16. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Obviously the current batch of lawmakers are not terribly worried about what we think, or legallity of the bills they pass, they do what they want and the supreme court says yay or nay.

Still, this would be simply impossible to impliment without rounding up all of the guns currently owned, which will also would most likely never happen, it is still illegal to arbitrarily search or sieze property....unless a crime has been committed, or you are dumb enough to submit to it.