Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my foot surgery yesterday. Necessary to get things right and it was fairly minor. Out patient and not even done in a hospital, but in the doctors office. Took about an hour.

Hurt so bad last night that I could not sleep well. Still hurts now. I am reminded of what I was taught on Parris Island so many years ago. “Pain is good! Extreme pain is extremely good!”

I call BS. This ain’t nowhere near good. It just plain effin hurts.

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
I feel for ya, greg. I take it they didn't give any happy pills? Try to rest if you can

Reactions: CamoDeafie

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
I feel for ya, greg. I take it they didn't give any happy pills? Try to rest if you can
Lately more doctors are less willing to prescribe certain things thanks to the whole opiod addiction problem :( not sure if @greg_r 's doc is one of them. Then again, its possible there's just no real good way to manage that kind of pain for a few days without possible nerve damage or some such?

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
Lately more doctors are less willing to prescribe certain things thanks to the whole opiod addiction problem :( not sure if @greg_r 's doc is one of them. Then again, its possible there's just no real good way to manage that kind of pain for a few days without possible nerve damage or some such?
My wife can't get pain meds unless she bitches them out. Me. I walk in and they toss the shit at me.. lol

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
Had my foot surgery yesterday. Necessary to get things right and it was fairly minor. Out patient and not even done in a hospital, but in the doctors office. Took about an hour.

Hurt so bad last night that I could not sleep well. Still hurts now. I am reminded of what I was taught on Parris Island so many years ago. “Pain is good! Extreme pain is extremely good!”

I call BS. This ain’t nowhere near good. It just plain effin hurts.
Heal up brother. Its only pain. Ya its hurts never mind. Drug up for a couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mostly my fault. I don’t do pain meds unless I absolutely have to. I have 800 mg ibuprofen. Might as well eat jelly beans. I was offered something stronger and declined it.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Mostly my fault. I don’t do pain meds unless I absolutely have to. I have 800 mg ibuprofen. Might as well eat jelly beans. I was offered something stronger and declined it.
You should consider trying Gabapentin unless you have already. Non opiate pain reliver that works great for me.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
I never decline them. Because what I don't use go into my med kit. Labeled and vacuum sealed.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
You should consider trying Gabapentin unless you have already. Non opiate pain reliver that works great for me.
I tried it. Doesn't work for me. My wife uses it for MS. It helps her.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I feel for ya greg. I'm just like you, unless I absolutely can't take the pain, pharms are out. A few years ago I had a 10mm kidney stone blocking the ureter from my left kidney. The night the pain hit me I took one 500/10 hydrocodone to be able to get to the morning. They took it out that afternoon and sent me home with 300/10 hydrocodone. I never took one of them. My doc told me my pain tolerance is too high.

Get well wishes and prayers coming your way greg.

·
Premium Member
8,411 Posts
Pain is a reminder we are still alive!

Instead of gabapentin go to lyrica, way fewer side effects!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Pain is a reminder we are still alive!

Instead of gabapentin go to lyrica, way fewer side effects!
I guess I'm lucky, I have had zero side effects from the Gabapentin and I've been on them since 2016 when my VA doc prescinded them for my psoriatic arthritis pain. I take them with Tylenol and I can function pretty well....

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I'm lucky, I have had zero side effects from the Gabapentin and I've been on them since 2016 when my VA doc prescinded them for my psoriatic arthritis pain. I take them with Tylenol and I can function pretty well....
I never had any issues with gabapentin, I took it for neuropathy. I don’t know if it worked or not honestly, the symptoms went away, but then again I was in the hospital when I was taking it and maybe they controlled it with something else. I never got a refill and never had any more symptoms. This last surgery woke it up I think. that’s what is keeping me from sleeping.

Reactions: lklawson

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
So you still believe the old adage ;)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I never had any issues with gabapentin, I took it for neuropathy. I don’t know if it worked or not honestly, the symptoms went away, but then again I was in the hospital when I was taking it and maybe they controlled it with something else. I never got a refill and never had any more symptoms. This last surgery woke it up I think. that’s what is keeping me from sleeping.
If it were me I'd ask the doc if you can try it again if you're still in a lot of pain. 2 Gabapentin's and two 500 milligram Tylenol's should make the pain a whole lot more tolerable...

·
Premium Member
3,346 Posts
My shoulder and knees have been helped a lot by "Relief Factor." I am not like I am twenty years old again, but I can do pushups again, my knees are not hurting and my feet are also much better.

I just did about a 1.2 mile walk today with no pain. The custom arch supports and good walking shoes also helped my knees and feet.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2 nights of grief, last night was good. No more pain than expected from being cut on. I think the surgery woke up the nerve pain, but it’s gone back to sleep now. And not taking any meds, which is how I like it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts