Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,027 Posts
.30 bullets have a very long and storied history of military and civilian success thanks to Saint JMB.

And it certainly wouldn't be the first time that something like dropping a caliber size but increasing the pressure and muzzle energy had been tried. The 327 Federal Magnum has been a moderate success, partially on the advantages of adding a chamber in hold out revolvers, moving from 5 rounds of 38 or 357 to 6 rounds of 327 as well as being able to fire the 32 mag and 32 long.

I'd say that there's a decent chance this could have moderate success in the same way. Imagine taking that Ruger Max 9 and adding two more rounds in for the same size with the same or Superior muzzle energy and ballistics. In the end performance and price will probably be the deciding factors.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
Seeing how they increased the standard pressure spec to 50k leaves a lot of room to grow I betcha

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
In other news... I myself am thinking about the mechanics of a triple stack... probably been tried and abandoned many times :(
Yeah, I'm betting you're right.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Administrator
28,868 Posts
Yeah, I'm betting you're right.
IMS, there was a binary doublestack. Sometimes called a casket mag, ims.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
9,227 Posts
Binary double stack. Wow. Learn something new everyday.

·
Super Moderator
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
yep, pretty sure I am going to get one of these.

Probably a S&W Shield, but I wonder if Ruger will chamber something for it, or maybe a Taurus GX4 .30 Super Carry?

Reactions: Rerun and lklawson

·
Premium Member
36,341 Posts
Grabbed me a couple of these, right hand pic...
Schmeisser brand, 60 rounds, polymer. 5.56

Haven't tried them yet
I bought one, $50 at Sportsman’s Warehouse. Obviously, they’re a complete waste of money...for that same $50 I could buy enough mags to hold 150-300 rounds, rather than just 60. So I did. 300 rounds worth of Korean steel mags, $66 shipped, should get here Wednesday.
Binary double stack. Wow. Learn something new everyday.
It’s like a double, double stack. Even Keltec uses it...

·
Premium Member
21,805 Posts
But the mag will not necessarily be as wide...
Depends on the designer.

In other news...
I myself am thinking about the mechanics of a triple stack... probably been tried and abandoned many times :(
There is 2 brands of quad stack AR15 mags out there

Reactions: ajole

·
Super Moderator
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
At some point, you just want to die happy....and that might do it. Double your pleasure, and all....
Well, ya'd at least die iffen Mama caught you with that quartet.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,027 Posts
There are 2 brands of quad stack AR15 mags out there...
Yep, and I have the new poly brand. The other is Surefire, metal, in 60rd and 100rd. The bigger one has always been the most trouble, according to anecdotal evidence. Schmeisser stuck to the 60rd configuration. I need to make a post on that...

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Yep, and I have the new poly brand. The other is Surefire, metal, in 60rd and 100rd. The bigger one has always been the most trouble, according to anecdotal evidence. Schmeisser stuck to the 60rd configuration. I need to make a post on that...
I've got a bunch of the Surefire 60's and they are terrific. Never had an issue with them.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,027 Posts
I've got a bunch of the Surefire 60's and they are terrific. Never had an issue with them.
That's what the reviews said. I just never grabbed any of those, had them in my cart once and payment hiccups. Sales on them were always rare!

·
Super Moderator
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
i just read that RCBS is on board with the .30 Super Carry and will be producing reloading dies. Seems the new cartridge has the backing of Federal, Speer, Remington, Smith & Wesson and RCBS. I have high hopes for this cartridge.

Edit: Oops! Nighthawk Custom is supporting the cartridge as well. Don't want to leave them out!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,359 Posts
i just read that RCBS is on board with the .30 Super Carry and will be producing reloading dies. Seems the new cartridge has the backing of Federal, Speer, Remington, Smith & Wesson and RCBS. I have high hopes for this cartridge.

Edit: Oops! Nighthawk Custom is supporting the cartridge as well. Don't want to leave them out!
I don't care. I have to much shit already. Quit the temptations.

·
Super Moderator
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I don't care. I have to much shit already. Quit the temptations.
Hey moonzs, you should start a go fund me for me, so I can get that Nighthawk President.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: moona11 and histed
21 - 40 of 48 Posts