Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,352 Posts
Hey moonzs, you should start a go fund me for me, so I can get that Nighthawk President.
You need to get another illness so I can use it to sway the liberals into funding the project.

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
You need to get another illness so I can use it to sway the liberals into funding the project.
Try "plumbum veneficii" out for size. After all, hes a caster and reloader

·
Premium Member
36,332 Posts
I just got my Sig spare stuff today. An XL frame, two mags (one 15, one 12) with XL or standard bases, and a Magguts 12 round mod for the 10 round mag.
So stupid easy to swap frames. Remove slide, push a pin, take out trigger/guts in one little package, pin it in the other frame, put pin in, replace slide. Takes like, 30 seconds or less if you push it.

The 1/2 inch longer grip on the XL frame makes it a completely different gun, especially with the 15 round mag that adds another inch.

Funny thing...the P365 is .3 inches shorter in length and in height, vs the CSX. And 1/10 inch narrower. They carry the exact same capacity in 9 mm, but the Sig has a MUCH smaller grip diameter. They are both SAO, but the Sig is striker fired. And has no blade on the trigger. And comes with or without a thumb safety. And gives you the option for bigger mags. Or even a bigger frame, for $50.

·
Super Moderator
9,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I just got my Sig spare stuff today. An XL frame, two mags (one 15, one 12) with XL or standard bases, and a Magguts 12 round mod for the 10 round mag.
So stupid easy to swap frames. Remove slide, push a pin, take out trigger/guts in one little package, pin it in the other frame, put pin in, replace slide. Takes like, 30 seconds or less if you push it.

The 1/2 inch longer grip on the XL frame makes it a completely different gun, especially with the 15 round mag that adds another inch.

Funny thing...the P365 is .3 inches shorter in length and in height, vs the CSX. And 1/10 inch narrower. They carry the exact same capacity in 9 mm, but the Sig has a MUCH smaller grip diameter. They are both SAO, but the Sig is striker fired. And has no blade on the trigger. And comes with or without a thumb safety. And gives you the option for bigger mags. Or even a bigger frame, for $50.

The Sig 365 is a handgun that I really want to like. Fell in love with it when I first put it in my hand. But lost some of the desire when I shot it. I think my issue with it is the grip. The grip feels so good when it sits in your hand, but she is a snappy mean little thing when you shoot her. I think because i have big hands the grip just tends to move around on me. While it’s true that all the micro 9’s can be snappy, the Sig 365 in my opinion is snappier than most.

I see where Sig brought out the Sig 365 chambered in 380 acp last year. This makes me believe that many more have the same opinion of the P365 that I do. I think that the P365 will be a sweet pistol in .380 acp.

This is where I think the home of the .30 Super Carry is. In the micro 9 sized pistols. The .30 Super Carry should have recoil, while greater than the .380 ACP, that will be less than the 9mm Luger. The .30 Super Carry will deliver performance greater than the 380 ACP and almost as good as the 9mm Luger.

What does this mean to me? My micro 9’s are the Smith and Wesson Shield Plus and the Taurus GX4. They become easier to operate and easier to shoot, and carry more ammunition. The only real negative I see it that I do believe it’s going to be a very loud cartridge out of the typical 3" barrel of the micro 9.

I think the Sig P365 might just be the natural home of the .30 Super Carry. Are you hearing me Sig?

·
Administrator
28,868 Posts
ALSO Love to see this Caliber in the new CSX pistol model!! That seems like a perfect match...
On Tom Gresham's Sunday show, he interviewed Cory from S&W and they talked about both the CSX the .30 Super Cary. He hinted that S&W might be releasing the CSX chambered in .30 SC but then mumbled something about SHOT.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
On Tom Gresham's Sunday show, he interviewed Cory from S&W and they talked about both the CSX the .30 Super Cary. He hinted that S&W might be releasing the CSX chambered in .30 SC but then mumbled something about SHOT.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Hmmm...

;)
Camera Font Cameras & optics Multimedia Photo caption

41 - 48 of 48 Posts