This is killing me, in a good kind of way.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by greg_r, Dec 17, 2015.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I work out nightly at the gym. Light stuff and some aerobics. One of the younger kids there, he turns 18 next week, I'm 56, approached me the last week of November and asked me if I wanted him to be my trainer. (I work with his dad) I accepted and committed to following his instruction.

He is working me to the point that I can not do another rep. I literally sat in the car for about 15 minutes last night when I got to the apartment because I thought I would not be able to get up the one step to my front door! But after the workout I am really beginning to feel good!

I am really enjoying this. If I can just keep up with him, I think I will finally be able to get in shape. Another benefit is in just one short month I have been able to cut my insulin dose by more than half! Maybe I can finally get off the needle all together!

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Great to hear, keep up the good work.

3. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Good job!! I have to start actually going back to the gym myself, its only 25 lbs but that seems like such a big number after you pass 45...

Anyway great to hear and keep up the good work!!

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Weighted myself with my gear on 239 ouch.

5. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I won't say what I need to lose... wayyyy to much... when the back went so did exercising and I like Coke and I like to cook...

6. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

5'11... 228... I'll be happy @ 200.

My dad told me when I was younger "a wise man builds a shed over his tools" but man its time to scale back the shed!!