This is your fault!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by greg_r, Sep 20, 2014.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I had a thread going where I was researching the Phoenix Arms HP25a. Many of you were trying to convince me to get a .22lr instead. Well you did it. Went to my LGS this morning, and well, got the .22. Except it was not the Phoenix Arms.

Had a new Sig P938-22. I told him I couldn't even afford to look at it. He said "I'll make you a deal". These retail for $656, he had it listed for $537. I got it for $425 OTD. I feel like I got a deal. This is not the conversion, but a purpose-built .22lr.

Put the $150 I had saved for the Phoenix down on it. I have 60 days to pay for the rest of it.

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

It's a very good looking gun but honestly for that sort of money I would have bought the 9mm or .380 version.

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

They sell for $405.00 new. Sorry

4. Lol. From dirt cheap 22lr. To upper end of the normal 22's

Gun shops love impulsive people ;-)

5. greg_r

I held it in my hand and it started doing that Star Trek melding thing. Went and sat in the car and thought about it over a cup of coffee, did some research on it and could find very little as it appears to only have been released this year.I decided I just wanted it, won't use the word need.

There is a conversion kit to turn the 9mms into a .22 but don't know if it works the other way.

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

See I told you all that firearms are evil. They get in your head and seduce you into buying them.

7. greg_r

Did my research before paying the deposit. CTD has them for $532.44, KY Gun Co has them for 500.31. Buds or Davidson's do not have them listed. I think you must be looking at something else?

8. greg_r

Ain't it the truth! I go there every weekend, it's where my range membership is. Rent the Sigs every once and a while, he knows I like them. It's the first one of these they have had. I think he knew he had hooked me when I walked in the door!

9. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a good price to me. You really can't go wrong with a SIG.

What ever you do never handle a Ruger American rimfire, they are truly evil and even force you to take out your wallet and buy them. :eek: I own 2 now and I figure if there is ever a 17 HMR in the county it will find me and make me buy it. That is why I call them the evil black rifles, I can't have just one, and anti-gunners think that they have to be semi-auto and look military to be evil.:rolleyes:

10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Damn Greg! thats a nice looking pistol. It will definitely be more trouble free than the phoenix arms I am sure.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Well, I just got my Phoenix, and I have enough money left over for gobs and gobs of that pricy 22LR!!! :D

Nice catch, I have examined those Sig pocket guns, they are first rate...
    I suppose I will end up with one or more Sigs someday ;)
    I am thinking metal frame guns, from now on.

12. 45Man

45Man Member

.22 firearm prices are fluctuating wildly because of limited ammo availability.

13. At least you didn't buy the gsg 1911 with the sig name stamped. That truly is a rip off.

14. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

NO, I didn't buy the Sig imitating the GSG!
    I think I'm going to start collecting 1911 22LR's or ALL the GSG's, when I'm done with the HP's?

Attached Files:

15. greg_r

Had to change browsers. Now I can upload.

Attached Files:

16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  17. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

My bad I miss read the post I was thinking of the Mosquito. :)

18. Wow, That is a SEXY 22LR. wanna trade for a phoenix? :p

19. Sigs are evil. I have the 938 in 9mm and the .22 conversion kit. Spent WAY too much. But I have NO regrets at all....

20. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

Very nice pistol there. Sig's a good brand and I got a Sig P250 40sw.