This just in!

Discussion in 'HPFF Comedy' started by Rerun, May 14, 2015.

1. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

This Just In! : Ford beats Glock!

As stated by Forum Moderator lklawson on the "Caution: No differing opinions allowed here." thread.

Mod lklawson stated in reply to Back2School's statement, "I still say that Ford beats Glock!"

Remember, you read it here first!

eldar

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Only in acceleration and gas mileage. The Glock still beats it in accuracy and reliability.

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yeah but they tied in the fanboi category

4. Think1st

Florida
    And they tied in the not-receiving-a-bailout category.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

:lame:

If this was the gong show, you sir would be outta here.... :D

6. Think1st

Florida
    Come on! You know you watched that show for the acts that received the gong.

7. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

I got a lot of my best jokes from that show, especially from the Unknown Comedian!

For instance:

Ya'll have heard about the new movie called "Constipation"?

It's not out yet!

LOL!

eldar

8. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

That is a crappy joke. ;)

9. Back2School

Back2School Member

I dont know, I don't know many fords that can reach 1200FPS from a standing stop. And can you use less than 0 gallons per mile?

On the other hand, Fords usually dont put holes in your leg, they only kaboom if you buy the $6000 upgrade for the diesel, they have room for more than 1, are in fact an American company even if they are manufactured outside the US.

10. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Actually glock would win that one, after everyone was running around with picthforks and torches behind gm and chrysler ford took an equally large "retooling loan", in short, they did take the money...just not while anyone was paying attention.

And yes, the money came from the same stimulus package as the money of the others.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  11. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Ummm...

Look up your records again.

Ford refused the bailout.

The Only corp that did.

eldar

12. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Ford beats Glock?
    Blowjob beats Ford.

13. Think1st

Florida
    Glocks don't reach 1200 fps--their bullets do. I'm afraid that the Ford still wins in that category. As far as gas mileage goes, you can burn all of the gas in one of Gaston's inventions that you want, but it will go nowhere.

The Ford even wins in lethality. Where the Glock will put a hole in a leg, a Ford will crush or remove it.

Then again, the Ford definitely loses in the concealability department.

14. Back2School

Back2School Member

Well played ;)

15. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
  16. Think1st

Florida
    There's a big difference between a DOE loan that was available to all viable car companies and a bailout given to crap car companies that should have been allowed to just go bankrupt. GM "compensated" the government with stock that ended up never being equal in value to the amount of money given to it, so GM will forever be in the hole. Chrysler, through government intervention, forced its bond holders to take pennies on the dollar for their principle, something which absolutely flies in the face of credit law. Oh, and now Chrysler is owned by Fiat, an Italian company.

So GM got a bailout in lieu of bankruptcy and never paid back the government. Chrysler also got a bailout and ripped off its bond holders, while ending up becoming a foreign company, anyway. Ford, meanwhile, got a DOE loan that was available to all companies to improve fuel efficiency in their product lines.

Those are entirely different things. In the end, GM and Chrysler were bailed out because if they had gone bankrupt, someone would have bought them and reopened them in right-to-work States, thereby leading to the end of their UAW control. That's the only reason they got bailed out and saved from bankruptcy.

All Ford did was take a business loan that any other company could have had.

17. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Didn't the gov't lose 10 to 20 billion dollars on the GM stock? Is Ford paying the money back? GM and Chrysler tried to get the same loans, but weren't considered "viable" and therefore did not receive those loans. Ford, in my opinion, is the only respectable company out of the three. Chrysler #2 and GM at the bottom.

18. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

19. Think1st

Florida
    Yes, the government did lose billions on the "loan" (it was actually a big ol' welfare check). They were supposed to have made their money back by being able to sell the GM stock that they held when the piss-poor piece of s#!t excuse for a company was in receivership with them. The problem is that the amount of money that the stock would have had to have been worth, in order to equal the amount of the loan, was way to high to ever compensate the government for the cash that they gave GM on their corporate EBT card.

20. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

I can't agree more with the way you worded that post.