This'll Be An Interesting Day!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Flyboy, Jul 25, 2015.

1. So yesterday, my wife took a practice AFOQT (Air Force Officer Qualification Test) and did very well. She scored twice the average for Pilot and Navigator and slightly above average on all the other portions.
    She has four degrees; two Bachelor's, one in Marketing and the other in International Politics, and two Master's, one in Financial Management and the other in International Relations. So she is looking at possibly commissioning in the Air Force and become a Finance officer or similar. So we're gonna get ahold of the officer recruiter on base and talk to him about it. She's definitely got the brains for it, but we're concerned about three primary factors:
    1. She does not want to surrender he Bulgarian citizenship; I know that TS clearances require you to, but below that I am not sure about, so we'll need to find out what all the requirements are on that.
    2. PT. She is trim and sexy to the max, but she can't do a push-up to save her life, and she barely makes it a quarter mile before she has to quit running. So we'll have to see what we can do about that.
    3. We have one kid, but want three. This last pregnancy rendered her bedridden and barely even to keep water down through all nine months. We want two more children, and we're worried that if her next pregnancies are even a tenth as bad as her last one, she'll be useless to the Air Force for the duration of the pregnancy. Yes, it's a temporary condition, but nine months of SIQ plus six weeks of maternity leave means 10.5 months no duty, possibly 21 months if it happens twice. And if the Air Force triples its leave policy like the Navy did, that possibly means no work for a whole year.

There are other issues we'll need to hash out, but I just think it would be cool to go to work and tel everyone I'm banging an officer. :p

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Wait two years, have the kids then put her to work and you can be the at home dad and you can spend your days on HPFF.....

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Tell her its the AF its even easier in basic than the Navy. Sh!t she will be smoking you soon enough :p

4. I tried actually lol, but then she got in contact with a few blue-to-blues (Navy-gone-Air Force) and they told her the complete opposite, so now its just a matter of telling her it's easier than the Marines lol.

And SWAGA funny you say that, we've pretty much agreed that if she decides to shoot for OTS, so will I. Everyone's been badgering me to commission, from my parents to my commander to my wife, so if she puts her money where her mouth is, then I've agreed to do the same. :p

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    You seem to have the aptitude for it, so you probably should try to get into a commissioning source. It will be better for you and your family in the long term.

6. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Hell, she's got better qualifications than all of the current pols that are trying to run for POTUS other than the 'natural born citizen' part. But it seems that that part doesn't matter that much anymore.... I nominate her for President! :dance:

7. moona11

Do it FB. If your going to make it a career might as well get paid better.

8. As I said, I'll give it a shot, but it's doubtful. Aptitude is one thing, but I have cartilage loss in my feet that's threatening to end my enlisted career anyways, so I won't be under any illusions that it will be a long-shot.

9. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Well, you'll sit with your feet up on your desk most of the time anyway.
    Especially if you're Intel....
    ;)

10. moona11

Its the air force FB. What's the pt? Walking to your desk and back to the coffee pot. Yep real hard. Just do it man.

11. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Good luck to both of you! They make pills for the nausea and it doesn't necessarily get worse each pregnancy. My first one (1st marriage) was ok, second for me (Moonz) and our first was horrible and our 3rd amazing!!!

12. Ugh, coffee, if I gotta do that, you can keep your commission. :p

13. They gave my wife Zofran, which is what I think you're referring to, and they didn't help. The doctors think she was suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperemesis_gravidarum). One woman I talked to that had it actually almost had her pregnancy terminated since it was going to kill her (she got to full term and had a healthy baby, but was hospitalized for four months on an IV in order for that to happen).
    For my wife, it was about twelve to sixteen hours per day vomiting, dry-heaving, and weakness, followed by weight loss and difficulty breathing.
    For nine months straight, and for a little bit after as her body normalized back. It's making us a bit reluctant to continue past our son since it can conceivably kill her if it happens again.

14. EvilE424

Totally different story then that sucks she gets that miserable

15. EvilE424

PS insanity and videos like that are great for getting in shape quickly