Thompson 1927A-1 Pistol!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by griff30, Mar 17, 2008.

1. griff30

griff30 Member

My father in law foung this badboy staring at him from the Auto Ordnace site:[​IMG] from:http://www.auto-ordnance.com/new_ta5.html
    He's big on getting this along with a violin case.
    I want one too. Whatcha think? 5 lbs. 14.5 oz., 10.5" Barrel, Aluminum Receiver, $1,117.00
    It's too bad the 4595 won't have a magwell ahead of the trigger guard for after market mags and customizations...

2. I found one here in Richmond KY. I must say I was impressed but when I saw the price tag I was shocked. It was only 875 +/-.

3. Is the reciever the same size as a standard thompson? If so, you could throw a longer barrel on it, add a stock and you've got a great rifle as well as all the pistol parts.

4. griff30

griff30 Member

They have a but stock for it and the forward grip. Also a nice violin case.

5. Do you need a ffl for a Thompson?

6. I think this would be worth paying the punishment to the feds to SBR it. With the vertical front handgrip you could be Al Capone! (in your imagination)

Unless you're Neo--then you'll pretend to be Winston Churchill :p

7. Mine had the butstock on it, and was stick only, but it had the short barrel like that one has. I always considered it a carbine.

8. omg. I bet that sob is a biotch to handle. those suckers weigh a ton.

9. They are sturdy, made, that is for sure

10. griff30

griff30 Member

5 lbs. 14.5 oz or nearly 6 lbs.
    thats not much for a hip shooter.
    My Dan Wesson .44 mag pistol is over 4 lbs with scope.
    My PLR-16 pistol is over 3 lbs unloaded. Closer to 6lb fully loaded with scope and flash hider.
    The weight helps with heavy loads, a .45 can kick hard for some. I see a lot of people will bitch about the 4595 when they come out, due to the kick and weight of the piece.