Those in the MO/KS area affected by storms/tornadoes/floods

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by 4095fanatic, Feb 6, 2008.

1. The President has declared Disaster #1742, affecting the state of Missouri due to the recent severe storms, tornadoes, and flooding.

http://www.fema.gov/news/event.fema?id=9305

If anyone here has been affected, PM me, email me, or give my cell a call. I'll do my best to get you information on who to contact for assistance, and try to get help your way one way or another (last disaster that happened a month or so ago we initially focused primarily on the Springfield/Greene County area, but ended up covering most of the 44 corridor, as well as the west MO/east KS).

As of now, it looks like Financial aid will NOT be available from SEMA/FEMA, but food/water/shelter/debris removal services should be provided within a day or two. This is an educated guess as of now based on previous incidents, stay tuned to your local tv/radio/newspaper for detailed information. Also, try contacting your local Red Cross/SEMA office, or the local government EOC (Emergency Operations Center).

I'll do my best to have the official SITREP posted when I get it.

Erik Steciak
    AmeriCorps St. Louis Emergency Response Team

2. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Please read previous post.

Yeah, At Fort Riley Kansas the weather has very much so surprised me. SNowing its rear off.

Glad I got off my rear and did the shopping today.
    Any way I believe my area will be fine, excluding ignorant joes wrecking.

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

yeah your post. LOL

I was just comenting your postr has the meat and Potatoes. :)