Thoughts after 2 years of ownership

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by greg_r, Feb 12, 2016.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I have been doing some trading this year. Thinking about what I'm trading and what I'm keeping. My Hi Points are going to stay.

I have been a Hi Point owner just over 2 years now. Started with a CF380. Sort of bought it by accident. Was not looking for one, but this one was used, New in box and never fired. I offered $100 for it and the offer was accepted. The seller gave me two 50 round boxes or Remington 95 grain ball with it. Thought it was a good deal. The CF380 was flawless.

I decided to get a 3895 to go with it. It was going to be my birthday present in June, but no luck, it didn't release. Along came Christmas and I settled on the 995 because the 3895 still was not out. Man do I like this thing. It has already had I don't know how many rounds through it. Like the CF380, it has been perfect. I had seen several Hi Point carbines that were painted white. I liked the looks and did the same to mine.

I converted the 380 to a C9. Had trouble with it from the start. Just about got them ironed out, with just an occasional fail to return to battery when the wife and daughter informed me that they liked the "old one" better, so I changed it back to a CF380. Once again it is running fine!.

I have decided I need a C9 to match my carbine though, so I believe I will get me a new one. I already know what I want to do to it. bry33productions posted a picture of his C9 a bit ago. Hope he doesn't mind, but I'm going to make it look just like his.

Attached Files:

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

3. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Or perhaps another 995TS may be in order.:D

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Dude...2 years and you only have how many? 3 and one on the way?:confused:

You must be using protection around your guns...that or the storm trooper look is a turn off for the ladies...:p

5. I'm trying my darndest to save up for a Ruger 1705 .357 revolver.But the more I read these C9 posts and watch youtube videos of them,I may have to break into the piggy bank a get a C9 first! I have the JHP and 4595TS,one more HP ain't gonna hurt I keep telling myself...

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. greg_r

Naw, it will have to be a 3895TS, and in muddy girl to keep mole happy!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  7. greg_r

Only 2 and one on the way. I guess maybe 2 1/2 as I still have the parts to turn the 380 back into a 9. The picture of the C9 in my post belongs to bry33productions, I just borrowed it. But dang! That's a purdy gun! Didn't think I would ever say that about a HI Point!

Can anybody tell me if the Joey Keychain will fit a carbine!

8. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

My thoughts after my first two years was.................................. "Damn I need more ammo, lots more and a few more magazines!"

9. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

YES, it will!!!!

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I'm OK with it if you get BLACTICAL or CAMO. Especially if you
    want to give it to MOLE! :D BLACTICAL FTW! :rofl: