Thoughts and Prayers Requested

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by undeRGRound, May 27, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Thoughts and Prayers Requested 4 Back2School & RGR

Got laid off 5/15/15 and promptly filed my (expiring) unemployment claim.
    Filed my voucher the following week, like normal. Website was indicating
    something weird, so I went in Tuesday (closed Monday for holiday).
    So now the lady tells me that I did something wrong, but her story and the
    "hot links" on the website keep changing... I not only don't get anything for
    my first week off, I have to start all over and lose yet ANOTHER WEEK due to
    (IMO) website errors, and they do not allow "post dated vouchers" (surprise!)
    even though I have confirmation numbers that I filed 2 out of 2 possible times!
    :mad: The silver Lining in all of this is that I did not even get a claim started...
    Sounds bad, but that allows me to PUNT and start all over. Sometimes a do-over
    is good, right? But I still lose 2 weeks. The Silver Lining is that I filed in Illinois,
    which pays out $110/week more (afaik) but I have to start at Zero with them
    as well. So PLEASE pray that I have no major malfunctions and it all goes thru
    without a hitch! So far so good, I called after I enrolled on the website, and the
    nice lady said everything was in order and all we needed was earnings confirmation
    for the dates of employment I entered. S.O.P.! :D
    This is exactly what it says, "thoughts and prayers" requested. Doing OK on
    cash and the essentials. (ammo, range time, food, water, etc;))

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers offered.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

3. you got it. But if your in indy how do you get unemployment in Illinois
    if you live in Indy ?

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I worked there for a couple weeks. You can do an intra-state claim if you have any wages there at all! :cool:
    Has to be a new claim, however...

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What was it that you did again?
    (Sorry) Case of getting-old-itis

6. Back2School

Back2School Member

My prayers are with you as well. I hope everything works out and you are ok.

Not to take away from what you are going through, but the sad part is I was just coming on to post the same thing. I got my 2 week notice today to find something else in the company or as of June 10th I am done as well. They told me simply to check email a few times between now and then and we will finalize everything on the 10th.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Prayers for both you guys....

8. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

That's very confusing. That seems hugely different than how unemployment works in PA.

Here, you automatically don't get benefits for the first week, but from the second week on you do. Here, a computer error, glitch, whatever, might delay your benefits, but wouldn't make you ineligible. You could wait until the end of the month and claim that whole month if you want.

No idea what the voucher is, but I assume it's similar to filing a claim for that week????

Either way, that really sucks. Prayers and well wishes that it all works out

9. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

That is what a lot of fitters do. They work in IL at all, and live in MO, they file in IL. I forget the numbers, but it is a huge difference.
    I pray that things go smoothly:)

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Prays sent to my little mole

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Undermole sorry to hear about the layoff. My last one was a bear but I reinvented myself and now have a better job. B2S I hope you also find something soon.

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Thoughts and Prayers that things work out for you RGR and B2S. It really sucks when your income gets reduced.

13. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Prayers are out. Everything will work out, I'm sure.

14. lsi1

lsi1 Member

good luck both of you guys i wish you the best of luck. my wife and i are in a similar situation she was medically excused from work 3 weeks earlier than we had planned or expected and she now needs 8 weeks after c-section instead of the 6 we had budgeted for so i understand where your at.

15. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Everything always works out in the end.
    If it hasn't workout yet, it must not be the END!

16. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Prayers and I hope a new job pops up!(Or enjoy the summer off and go fishing... yes I did that after a boss laid me off)

17. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Not only do I wish you both luck in finding new jobs, I hope that these layoffs serve as opportunities for you to get even better jobs than the old ones.

18. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Things do happen for a reason, I believe that. Thoughts and prayers.

19. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

No wonder IL is going broke.:eek: