Thoughts on 380 COMPENSATOR wanted

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by RugerFan, Aug 12, 2014.

1. RugerFan

RugerFan Member

I have a HiPoint C9, which I like a lot. A friend is selling his .380 which comes with a compensator. Not sure I need another gun so similar to my 9mm, but
    I am curious about the compensator.

Exactly what is the purpose of it? Is it removable? How much more value does it add to the gun?

Thanks for any feedback.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The purpose of the compensator is assist in sight acquisition with your follow up shot, with +P ammo. It also helps with excessive barrel jump. If you don't shoot +P ammo, you would not notice any difference. Besides that, it is just another Hi Point to add to my collection?

Attached Files:

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Not a real fan of compensated firearms. They do reduce recoil but at the cost of more perceived sound and muzzle flash.

4. bigfrank330

bigfrank330 Member

Yes the compensator is removable -- you have to remove to take the slide off when cleaning

5. Macho said it best, you won't notice much difference or any for that matter if your not using hot loads. Even then its very small difference. As far as value it has some additional value just because weirdos like me look for models they don't have to add to their collection. My CF380 Comp shoots like a champ.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I resemble that remark!

Attached Files:

7. RobbK

RobbK Member

my LGS told me he has a NIB 380 compensated pistol coming in soon I did not know Hi Point was making them again but I will probably pick it up though I can not find 380 acp any place where I live.