threaded barrel

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by louie5159, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

1. louie5159

louie5159 New Member

hello I have a jcp 40 s&w does any none know where to get a threaded barrel for this gun. ?????? plz help thx

2. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

You have to get it threaded or do it yourself. Once HiPoint releases that version they may offer something more as a solution. Someone did pop in and post about a threading service, but I think they got deleted. I don't remember the reason.

3. louie5159

louie5159 New Member

hey thx for replying the research I have done led me to that conclusion I have already ordered a threading kit so my next question is how to get a threaded extension so that I can mount my silencer

4. Dane

Other members threaded the barrel as is.

And welcome to the site.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, he got deleted for offering to commit federal crimes for sending and receiving firearms in the mail without an FFL.

6. Dane

Yea I don't recall an answer to my question if he/they were an FFL. Claimed somewhere near MOM right??

7. Rachgier

Yeah, one town over. When I asked about an FFL he proceeded to inform me that they didn't need an FFL to send and receive complete firearms, and had been doing so for years, because it was a machine shop and not a gun shop.

8. Dane

If it was MOM then that would have been true??

9. Rachgier

Are you being obtuse on purpose? You're comparing a manufacturer of firearms taking in said firearms for warranty work and a random ass dude with a machine shop begging people to send him any and all firearms they want to have threaded.

10. Dane

I don't think so. it is on accident. Question is if MOM offers this service in the future. would an FFL be needed?

11. Rachgier

HP has a Type 7 Manufacturer's license. They are the FFL.