Throw-away Wallet

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Desert Sailor, Dec 25, 2007.

1. So you got a new wallet for Christmas/Hanuka/Kwanzaa? Good for you, so did I.
    Here's what you can do:
    1. Get a Visa Gift Card from WalMart, load it for a few bucks and spend it down.
    2. Get an American Express gist card via the internet for a few bucks and spend it down.
    3. I have several cards (Southwest Airlines, outdated auto insurance card, etc) which are of no or of insignificant value.
    4. Put all this stuff in your old wallet together with a ten, a five and five ones.
    Now for $20 and a little effort you have a throw-away wallet. A thief's quick glance will convince him/(or her!!) that this stuff is the real deal--while you are using sneaker-fu (running like hell).
    This is the wallet you have in your back pocket or in an instantly handy part of your purse. The thief expects you to get at it in a "normal" way.
    Your real wallet is in another pocket or part of your purse.

If you have a real chance of escape, take it rather than shoot somebody down over what's in your real wallet.

2. Now thats an interesting idea

3. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

good idea.

I dont carry more than $20 cash, I use my bank card instead which needs the PIN# to be used. My wallet is also made from a tyvek mailing sleeve so it doesnt even look like a wallet. Ive had people totally overlook it because it looks like a little fedex package.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Tyvek-Wallet-with-ID-Window/
    mines a 3-fold design that i came up w/ but you get the idea.

4. griff30

griff30 Member

Fake pictures and fake ID.

5. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

it's illegal to carry 2 valid DLs much less a fake ID :shock:

6. FLA2760

FLA2760 Guest

I carry my KT P32 in a Desantis "trickster" in the "wallet pocket" SURPRISE! The throwdown wallet is a good idea though.

7. Sailor:

You, sir, are a genius.

FLA2760:

Not sure, but these may not be legal in some jurisdictions. And I'd rather drop wallet and let the BG get away with nothing, than pull a piece as my first alternative.
    Don't get me wrong: I'll want to fire -- if necessary -- as a _later_ alternative. But only if deadly force seems necessary. And this seems like an ingenious method of encouraging the BG to flee, with pseudo-loot, but without genuine reward on his part.

8. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

forget a 10, 5 and 5 ones, that BG will be so hopped up on adrenaline, he probably won't take the time to "examine" the loot untill afterwards... I sugguest to use some play money they sell at stores, i've seen some that are roughly the same size and color-ish. Good idea, i may break out an old Nylon wallet and "Faux' it up" . PS: Photocopy your real DL, and for kickers, photocopy your CWP. Just change the address on them to the address of the local Law Enforcement Center.

9. Ah hell, just shoot the guy....

10. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

How about handing him a good looking "fake" grenade? be sure to pull the pin first, and watch him fill his pants up.

11. What would be priceless would be pulling your pistol and saying, No, THIS is a stick up :)

12. Sakdog

Sakdog Member

I like the idea of handing over some commodities such as Lead and copper in the form of a 147 grain SXT 9mm round! .. I'm sorry...

I guess im a bit of an extremest in the fact that If someone is going to hold me up I am going to lean towards thwarting the attack in a very expedient manner. Never a good idea to get a "If you comply with the bad guy's demands he might just take your wallet and leave"

We all know that in our time there is a real problem with criminals killing people even when demands are met.

Its not for everybody.... But to me---When a criminal takes that step of mugging or robbing or whatever you want to call it.. they take their lives into their own hands If they do it to me and I'm going to do my best to get some shots off! And im not going to have a "Duty to retreat" Or wait to see if the BG is equally armed as me..... Its that old saying again.. "better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

13. neothespian

neothespian Member

Very interesting tactic. And yes, sometimes there are some more "assertive" criminals, but 90 percent of the time the average street thug is the same as your average omniverous mammal with teeth: They're more scared of you than you are of them.

Speaking as someone who's been dealing with the slag of society for years as a cabbie, this technique would be a very good thing for most of the trash I have a problem with. If anything it's a great distraction.

14. Good idea. Not even any need to carry a drivers license in there as someone taking from you probably won't look or notice.

15. Ari

Ari Guest

Heck I can never find my own drivers license in there how would they? :lol:

16. Be really cool if they had a pepper sprayer or stun gun that looked like a wallet.

17. I thought this was a very good idea, until I saw the suggestion about the $20 in cash. Hell, that's more money than I have in my real wallet. :lol:

18. I hear ya benny. How about some monopoly money and a explosive dye pak?

19. Shoot em all and let god sort it out..................the criminals that is..

20. GrOuNd_ZeRo

GrOuNd_ZeRo Gun Fanatic Member

Excellent idea, but unfortunatly I wouldn't even want to spend the money on a fake wallet...