Tips for breaking a hi-point down alone

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by ChildeRoland, Nov 4, 2015.

1. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Member

Ok, so I've had my HP 9mm for about 2 years. I've only stripped it down and cleaned it once because my slide doesn't go back far enough to punch the pin out. I have to hold it back that extra fraction of a millimeter to punch it out.

I know others have the same issue. How do you guys manage? My wife can't hold it back or punch it out for some reason.

Tips for doing it alone? Dumb question I know. Sorry.

Just got a Taurus 709 and I've cleaned it 4 time in 4 trips to the range because it's so damn easy. The HP, not so much.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Stick a toothpick between the slide & safety to give yourself that extra millimeter.

3. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Member

Well there you go. Thanks. I knew someone would have a stupid simple tip.

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    No problem. That's the Martha Stewart solution. The Bob Villa method is to take a dremel and enlarge the notch in the slide. Tim Allen would just bend the safety.

5. elt51932

elt51932 Member

I would take a dremel to it after you get it off. That way you don't have to worry about it again.

6. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Member

Hey, the toothpick worked perfect. Martha Stewart it is baby.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

A WoT fan, I see. :)

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

8. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Member

Actually, my username is a Dark Tower reference or more appropriately a Robert Browning reference. But I've read the first few WoT's as well.

If you like Brandon Sanderson, you have to read tThe Stormlight Archive series. One of the best fantasy series ever written by far.

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Read that series too. The ending made me want to flatten King's nose.

My mistake. I thought you were referencing a character who is a "Child of the Light" (for you who haven't read the books, the "Children of the Light" is a paramilitary organization analogous to the Knights Templar if the Templars were run by the witch hunters who exterminated them).

<sigh> yet another one to chuck on top of my ever growing list, competing for my ever-more-limited time. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  10. lsi1

lsi1 Member

Its like he just woke up one day said he was bored with it and gave up. if I wouldn't have read that last book I would have been much happier.

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

It was intentional I believe..... He was mad because people had been clamoring about him finishing the series..... I absolutely believe it was a collective FU to his readers.

12. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I so need to like this 1000 times!!!!!! :p

13. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

My theory on the way that hi-point makes the alignment of the knock-out pin the way they did is to discourage over-use of breaking the pistol down. Unless you're firing over 2000 rounds a week through it..... ;)

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I have drop-kicked more than one of his books across the room after finishing them. In one of his little author notes, he lambasts people who go to the end of a book to read it before actually starting the book. That is not something I like to do, but with his books, it just might be a good idea.

15. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The more I learn of King, the more I conclude that the dude is a douche-canoe who doesn't deserve a dime of my (or anyone else') money.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  16. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    He is an arrogant prick of an elitist. He depicts the average American as an ignorant, bigoted, small-minded simpleton, who is either red neck or ghetto trash or an out-of-touch suburban twit, casting only a few main characters as worthy of any sort of credit. He sees himself and other celebrities as the only truly enlightened members of the public, and the attitude comes through loud and clear in his character development.

He also said that the military culls the lowest common denominator for its ranks.

17. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I seem to get that too.

50 years ago, maaaaybe. Not today where a HS Diploma is required and a College Degree is desired.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

18. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I think his type looks down upon those who serve in the military as being lowbrow.

19. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I quit reading his crap years ago. I think it was after he was hit by a car and saw an interview.