Featured Tips on adjusting rear sites on JHP 45 pistol

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by JTofSD, Dec 20, 2017.

1. JTofSD

JTofSD Member

Hi expert Hi-Point shooters,

Would you be so kind as to give me a basic tutorial on an adjusting the rear sites on an .45 JHP pistol?
    Please make it simple, like "Turn the screw counterclock wise.... which will move the point of impact to...." or something like that.

At ten meters, my groupings are falling low and to the left.

Also, if you know of any videos that show how to do the adjustments, that would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. To move your POI to the right(it's shooting left) you need to turn the sight screw clockwise (looking straight at screw) to move shots to the right.

To move POI of shots that are shooting low there's a screw just in front and on top of sight rail that if looking down straight at screw, you need to turn clockwise to raise rear sight upwards which will in turn make the front of barrel go upwards.

Do everything slowly in 1/4, 1/2 screw turns to get close, then compensate by doing less/finer turns of screw(s) until you get the shooting at target you like the best for ammo used. Different ammos and even same manufacturer ammos many times will shoot differently, so close might be the best you can accomplish many times.

PastorParadox and JTofSD like this.

3. JTofSD

JTofSD Member

Excellent. Thank you

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I think that's backward. Turning clockwise lowers the sight. Everything else was spot on.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Is the sight body threaded or is it a pass through to a threaded hole in the slide? I'm going to assume the sight body is threaded meaning you would be tightening the screw causing the sight to travel up the threads toward the head. That would make him correct.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Good point, and I wasn't sure I was remembering correctly. So, I checked to make sure....it's pass through, clockwise pulls the screw deeper into the slide, lowering the sight.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I couldn't remember either and without one in my collection I couldn't check. I though it was a pass through slot to allow for windage corrections without dragging the screw across the slide, similar to the carbine elevation screw, but I wasn't sure.

JTofSD likes this.
  8. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

This may be helpful also....just a suggestion. I’ve shot a lot “low and left”
    ;)

[​IMG]

9. JTofSD

JTofSD Member

Very helpful. Thanks!

10. I downloaded one of these targets on an 8 inch by 11 inch sheet of paper and I copy it to help others figure out their POI troubles. It works really well if you follow it.

JTofSD likes this.
  11. JTofSD

JTofSD Member

Thank you

12. FYI, Shoot N See is now making these as about a 12 inch wide pistol target. Peel & stick