Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what is going on lately but I'm having trouble with everything I do! I finally got my Bushman trigger installed (after a mentally and physically painful process lol) and now I am doing something wrong getting the laser to install. To save trying to explain it I just made a 0:45 video. You can enjoy some AC/DC in the background too!

http://www.M450N.com/hipointhelp.mov

Thanks!

G

·
Explain it link doesn't work. It's really pretty simple, once you have batteries installed the unit fits onto front in a groove. Hardest part is cutting a slot for the wire to fit through the stock and then attaching switch which has adhesive to hold it in place.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fixed the link, Linux can be so annoying with it's case sensitiveness. I can't get the laser to stay in the carrier thing or whatever it's called. It spins around and is really loose in there.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Benny you are the man! Thank you! I don't know why I seem to get shafted with my ATI products... missing mag release screw in the stock, no instructions with the laser. Good grief.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thing is making me really, really angry. No matter how much I tighten these dang screws the laser still just falls out if I tip the mount piece upwards.

Opinions? I'm about ready to pull out the JB Weld.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Here is an idea, flip it arround. Laser in the other hole.

By the way, what is the diameter of the laser?

Also, if you decide not to use it.... I will trade you for a red dot scope (plus what ever).

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I dont have one yet. I would try to shrink the hole down by using a c clamp to get more bend out of the metal??

Edit for spelling

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like you have at least a 1/4" of play on those bottom screws...they don't tighten anymore ??? It's obvious to me that is where the problem lies. Those two vertical screws look like they have plenty more to tighten.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Can you put something like a piece of shrinkwrap or electrical tape on the laser so it will tighten down?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Oh, also, make sure the threaded part of the hole is opposite to where the head of the screw is. In other words make sure the screw is not screwed in form the wrong side.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is an idea, flip it arround. Laser in the other hole.
The other hole is even bigger.

Looks like you have at least a 1/4" of play on those bottom screws...they don't tighten anymore ???
I can't get them to. I think the problem is that since both the top and bottom halves are threaded as the screws go through they don't actually tighten up in between if that makes any sense. Normally stuff like this would have a machine screw and a washer to help bring the two halves closer together instead.

Can you put something like a piece of shrinkwrap or electrical tape on the laser so it will tighten down?
While I was at work I thought about using painter's tape for this same effect. I'll try that and see if it works.

Oh, also, make sure the threaded part of the hole is opposite to where the head of the screw is. In other words make sure the screw is not screwed in form the wrong side.
I put them in how the instructions said, but I tried it the other way just for kicks and giggles, still no love.

Oh, by the way Bushman it's 1.3cm in diameter.

Thanks for the tips guys.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Stryker your idea worked! I thought about it as I was about to tape up this thing, my dad has some old C clamps down there and it worked beautifully :)

Thanks, hopefully this will help anybody else that has this problem in the future...if anybody else does.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Is there any rating to the laser? like 630mw or what? I hate the 100 yard, 300 yard 800 yard ratings make no sence.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
look close at your instructions. If I remeber right the part that clamps to the barrel is a little bigger. I also had to screw it down tight.To the laser.
A.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts