To Trade or Not to Trade?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MachoMelvin, May 26, 2014.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I have an opportunity to trade a like new Citadel 1911 9mm for a Mosin 91/30 in a Archangel stock with a bent bolt & scope + 880 rd of ammo. Tough decision?

2. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

If you don't have a "key" to open the ammo cans, lemme know, I'll lend ya mine

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

knowing you, you probably have seven or eight of the Citadels already, and five of them havent even been taken out of the box yet, so, i say go for it.

4. MachoMelvin

I only have 1 1911 9mm. I have only fired 10 rds through it. But I do have 7 other 9mm. I don't have a Mosin yet, and have been looking at the Archangel's. I guess the 880 rds is what is drawing me to the deal?

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I'd say that is a definite trade if that is the mosin setup you want.

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

the 880 rounds would cost you an additional 169-219 dollars when on sale at JG Sales, or other online places on average. I can definitely say you will ''get a kick'' out of owning a Mosin if you have enough room to really shoot one.

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Decisions, decisions.... I have'nt pulled the trigger on my trade dilema yet either. Any way you look at it, there is always a little remorse. Whether it be "I should have done it" or "why did I do that".

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

$120 Mosin
    $140 stock
    $60 bent bolt ( that's a guess)
    $80 scope ( that's a guess too)
    $150 ammo

That's $550 worth, you sure it shoots straight?
    If it does make the trade if say.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    No doubt about that! :D

Like I always say, Do the Math but Swaga has already do it for you!
    Looks Good, Mel...

10. MachoMelvin

880 rds around here is about $190-$200. It would be hard to find a place to shoot it, close to the pick up point?

Attached Files:

11. talon

talon the banned wagon

if you cant get at least 100 yards, you wont have much fun with it after the initial ''lets see what we can blow up with it'' phase. thats the only reason i sold both of my Mosins, just not enough room to let them do what they do best. i kinda regret it, but, its like a dog, if you cant care for it properly, its best to let someone else have it. Mosins gotta stretch thier legs, how much space do you have to shoot it?

12. MachoMelvin

I have a good 250yds to practice?

13. talon

talon the banned wagon

then quit yappin with us and go trade for that dang gun already!!!!

14. MachoMelvin

Meeting the guy tomorrow @ 5:30pm. I still have to stop & pick up that 380 gray frame tomorrow also?

15. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Plus it looks like he removed the front sight and threaded and added a muzzle brake.

16. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Countdown: T minus 3 hours!!!

17. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

That is one bent bolt alright.
    If I join one of the clubs near me, I can get access to a 400 yard range. Get me some AR500 steel gongs and start usin up some of my surplus ammo.

18. I would not have traded, that being said I do not care for Mosins...even though I own like 6 because of stupid throw ins on trades...ugh. :rolleyes:

19. talon

talon the banned wagon

make me a good deal and i'll take one off your hands if you dislike them so much. im regretting having every sold mine.

20. I'll give you the classic price of $79 for one, I'll even pay to ship it to my FFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum